Yahoo e-mail ? How to setup.

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Q-who, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Q-who

Q-who New Member

Yahoo e-mail ? How to setup.

I read the book and tried to setup e-mail and it doesnt work I followed instructions and it will not connect. What am I doing wrong?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

for yahoo pop3 to work you need to have the yahoo premium account...or have an old version of yahoo go
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yep... what ^ he said, old yahoo to go version 1.0 can be found here.
  4. Q-who

Q-who New Member

Okay not to sound too dumb but do I have to do this through the phone or download it to computer then transfer it to phone and open?
  5. n99hockey

download it to your PC then move it to the phone with active sync
  6. Q-who

Q-who New Member

Got it thanks alot it was driving me nuts.
  7. n99hockey

no problem!!
  8. rr40

rr40 New Member

Help

Not sure of what folder to put version 1.0 in after saving it to pc. Apps? database? program files? I am very confused.

Also cant figure out how to set up hotmail acct. to auto sync with out have to hit send/receive?
  9. n99hockey

put it anywhere on your PC...your goal is to unzip that file then with your Q hooked up to the PC via active sync you run the EXE file and your all set
  10. rr40

rr40 New Member

I think have the file sync bc the login page for yahoo is different, but I still can't get into two of my free yahoo accounts. The one that does work is an upgraded account through yahoo. I have used the same settings for all three accounts, but only the upgrade account will work. Is there a fix for this?

I get a prompt for my password even after I check the remember password box and then error message.

Also still can't get hotmail account to auto sync, can it be set up to sync every hour like my upgraded yahoo account?

Thanks for any help!
  11. mjonesmb1

mjonesmb1 New Member

I have 2 yahoo accounts set up on my phone and they work fine for reading and sending emails and I do not use Yahoo go 1.0.. I set them up like I would my aol account.. And I also use yahoo go 2.0.. So not sure why anyone would have a problem.. I am not a Premium Yahoo Email account holder as well..

During set up I put my email address and clicked Automatic setup. Then my userame and password with no domain. Then save password.
    Server type:IMAP4--Account Name: Yahoo IMAP---Network: The Internet.
    Incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com-- Do not check: Require SSL connection--Outgoing Server: smtp.mobile.yahoo.com--Check: Outgoing server requires authentication..

Thats pretty much all I did and have never had a problem.. Hope this helps. Not by any means super savy.. Took a bit to figure all that out but I got...
  12. dyemid07

dyemid07 New Member

yahoo email help

i found that i can access a mobile version of yahoo using the internet explorer rather than paying for the yahoo premium service. You dont get mail update directly to your phone but its easy to use. Type in us.m.yahoo.com in the address bar then navigate down to mail(beta) then you will be sent to the sign in page. The best thing to do is add the sign in page to your favorites before signing in then next time all you have to do is go to your favorites to get to your mail instead of going through everything over again. hope that helps... :)

13. seannorek

seannorek New Member

That's how I set mine up a couple months ago and no problems except I have the save sent emails to sent folder yet my sent folder is always empty. Anyone know why this is?
  14. mjonesmb1

mjonesmb1 New Member

I too have that problem. With my yahoo and aol accounts about them not showing up in the sent folders.. But they do show up in the sent folders when I check the accounts on my computer... So not a total loss.. But if anyone does know a solution it would be great...
  15. seannorek

seannorek New Member

my emails do not show up in the sent folder on my computer either...so something is not right. What are your settings?
  16. mjonesmb1

mjonesmb1 New Member

My accounts settings are pretty much like I said above in my original reply.. I have changed nothing.. Not sure how to change it to get them to save on the Q..
  17. seannorek

seannorek New Member

my problem is that the emails seem to not be going out. They dont' show up in the Outbox or Sent folder. And when I check on my computer there isn't anything in the sent folder there as well.