yahoo business pop3 keeps 'looking for changes'

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by robguido, Jan 20, 2008.

1. robguido

robguido New Member

yahoo business pop3 keeps 'looking for changes'

I just bought a q9c and so far I love it. I do have one hangup that I can't seem to resolve. I have a yahoo business account so my email address is 'me@mydomain.com'. Yahoo hosts my domain. I have set up my motoq to send/receive messages to this account. I am able to send and receive messages. The problem is that each time I sent/receive, my motoq wants to check through all 3000+ emails on my server. It keeps 'looking for changes'. I have the settings to only dl 3 days of messages which it does, however it still wants to check all of the past messages on the yahoo server. Has anyone had this same problem and/or suggestions?

Thanks,
    RW
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

[​IMG]

i use Yahoo business and opted instead of pop i set it up as imap on the Q (also because i poll for the same mail using pop on my laptop)... did you consider doing/trying that ?
  3. whittw

whittw New Member

I'd do what rudeboy said, try to set it up as IMAP.. then see if you get the error.
  4. robguido

robguido New Member

My Q does not give me that option. I also have a personal yahoo account that my Q automatically set up as imap, however when I setup an account to my business email I have provide my username as 'me@mydomain.com.' Although it is hosted by yahoo my Q does not automatically recognize it as a yahoo account and therefore does not automatically set it up using the yahoo settings. When I manually set it up and provide my server details, it does not give me an option to change it to imap, it defaults to POP3.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that if I can somehow change it to imap, it may work because again, my personal yahoo acount does not experience the same problem.

RW
  5. robguido

robguido New Member

I just fixed it!!!! Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to set it up via IMAP. My problem was that when I setup the account on my Q I kept the box checked which asked if I wanted to automatically search for my settings. Once I unchecked that and figured out what the IMAP servers were for Yahoo, I was/am in business.

Thanks again. This is a great Forum and I know I'll be here more often.
  6. whittw

whittw New Member

Glad to hear that it worked! :smile:
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sweet... glad to hear it's "fixed".

potQ