Yahoo 2.0 for Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by tpipher1, Jun 20, 2007.

1. pekoe1111

pekoe1111 New Member

What's So Great About Yahoo 2.0?

Explain to me again what is so great about Yahoo 2.0? It has been so long, I forget.

Right now, I use the Q's Outlook for my Yahoo Plus POP EMail and check it manually (don't need Push, but if it only vibrated my phone and I turned off New Message Alert, maybe I'd use it).

I use Google.com and Google Maps to search for stuff. Why would I want to change all that and use Yahoo 2.0?

Thanks,

BB
  2. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

I have thought about encryption before but I must be BEYOND paranoid as I can not help but believe that pretty much anything that uses encryption has a back door key! I mean think about it, encryption is not allowed for export, so does that mean that all the bad guys are outside of the USA, or does it more accurately mean that "Big Bro" has a set of keys already? Wink. I know I live a very boring life and have nothing to hide but I do think of financial s and stuff should be encrypted etc. Just I don't believe stuff is really FOR YOUR EYES only at the end of the day!

I like the secway stuff but have encryption stuff already, but as you already said a Phone version would be AWESOME!
  3. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

Ya me too! I felt SO DUMB! Grin. Got all excited then BAM! Sorry but your still outta luck! SO SO SUCKS!
  4. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

THANKS! much appreciated!
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

dunno what's great.. it seems people like updates :}

do you have any idea why i can NOT see my mail while i know it's there because i see it when i log in to Yahoo via PIE.
  6. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

From what I remember it is mostly about speed of use and a broader range of supported devices.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no problem... did you get it to work ?
  8. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

Ya, but I uninstalled it, WAY to slow. I am giving up on Yahoo. Time for change! I am going to setup my mail with POP3 and use IM+ for my messenger. That is my biggest needs. We will see how that goes. Will also try out Google and MS offerings to see if they have gotten any better. Thanks Again!
  9. abrigham

abrigham New Member

ROFL! They must read this site, or got complaints from others, because now when I go to check, the FIRST thing that loads is the Coming Soon graphics, even before the pictures of the phones!... at least after choosing Sprint as my carrier... :laugh2:
  10. tpipher1

tpipher1 New Member

I think you may be right, I tried this AM and noticed the same thing. To bad they spend the time updating the web page for the product instead of updating the product itself!!

I DL google mobile yesterday but have not had much time to "Play". So far it seems decent. Is much better than Yahoo 1.0 Go. for sure. (Yes it pains me to admit that!)
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

and another friday is almost over :)

posted on the Q.