Xtreme Agenda Q's

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by sdiddy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. sdiddy

sdiddy New Member

Xtreme Agenda Q's

i downloaded and trial and have a few questions:

1. parts of navigation are very sluggish..like trying to scroll the days in daily or weekly view. is this normal? is this just the trial version issue?

2. when i want to make an apppointment, the screen that you make it on is not well thought out. it wastes a lot of space and you have to scroll down a couple pages just to get the part where you set the reminder time. on palm this was basically all on one screen. this is a huge pain too and can be easily fixed by lessening the spacing between all the words. is there a way to change this?

3. in the old palm i could select a day and just start typing a new apointment. (didnt have to push menu-new appointment..etc). is there a way to do this on the Q?

thanks!
  2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Creating Appointments

If eXtreme Agenda took the same approach as Agenda One, they reused the standard WM Smartphone New dialogs (it avoids reinventing the wheel). If that's the case, there's no way you can change anything; the developer would have to create all new appointment entry dialogs.

For the record, I find the standard ones cumbersome, too, and not just for appointments. Try creating a contact where you just want to enter a company name.

This probably could be done, but is making things more familiar to Palm converts worth it? As a long-time Windows Mobile user, I'm used to selecting a day and doing a New. As I'm not a Palm user, how would you enter the appointment start and end, for example. A whole set of user interface questions could arise.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just asking whether that's where development resources should be focused.

Steve

P.S. Cross-posting the same question in multiple places is considered bad form. It causes duplicate answers and fragmented discussions.
  3. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

posted and tried to answer in the other thread...

Thanks