XML help please

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by jaymatic21, Feb 24, 2007.

1. jaymatic21

jaymatic21 New Member

XML help please

I like this layout and just want to change the font color of the section in the yellow box below. Can someone fix that for me, Thanx!

fix.jpg
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

Attached Files:

2. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

Changing the font color is pretty simple once you know what to look at, and what the codes for the different colors are. This page has a good listing of possible color choices, and the code that you'd put for that color. For the xml you'll be looking at the Color HEX from that page, and just copy/paste it into the xml you are editing. Open the xml you want to edit with notepad, find the line containing
    <color name="COLOR_HOMETEXT" value="#000000"/>
    Replace the 6 zeros in the value= section with the code for the color you want from the page I linked to above.
  3. jaymatic21

jaymatic21 New Member

I did that and nothing changed, so idk what I did wrong, I know a good amount about html and xml so I'm pretty sure i did change it correctly
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

make sure to select a different xml, go back to the home screen.. and then switch to what you want, you really need to re-load it else it won't show the changes.
  5. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

What Color scheme are you using? If you aren't using Default, you have to go in and change that same number in the correct scheme.xml.