XBL games

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Apps and Games' started by ninjaap, Dec 26, 2010.

?

To XBL or not to XBL?

1. I'll pay for a good quality, fun game, be it XBL or not.

100.0%
  2. I'll only pay for XBL title games.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

With my previous phones (WM and Android), I never bought game apps. I always favored free games, because I tend to get bored after a few rounds at it, and re-playabilty (is that a word? spell checker is telling me no) becomes an issue. I'm new to XBL, but I think it's great that these games awards me with achievement points. It actually makes me want to play my games over and over again, just so I can get more points. Now, free is better of course and the games still have to be good for me to purchase or download them, but I think all games should come with an XBL badge, if possible. So is it possible, or are there things that devs need to jump through (ie financial, programming, rights) to receive this badge? Or do you not care either way?
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I don't care about XBox Live points. A good game is a good game.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Just found out from the Meteor Mania dev that it's pretty hard to get an XBL badge. You either have to have an established relationship with MS or hope that they notice your app and decide to add you. Kinda sucks for the devs in my opinion.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I remember seeing his app was doing well. I could understand MS having some sort of quality control over using the XBL badge, but it has to be within reason.
  5. ajayden

ajayden Member

MS introduces two XBOX titles for WP7. Rise of Glory and Revolution. Both priced at $4.99.
    ninjaap likes this.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

ajayden likes this.