x-BB user, now using Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by nbs251, Jul 27, 2006.

1. nbs251

nbs251 New Member

x-BB user, now using Q

I have used Blackberry for the past 3 years and have been very happy with its functionality and usabilty. WM5 has always intrigued me, so I finally made the jump to the Q. Lately, I have been experiencing a few problems and wanted to get some input:

1-It runs very slow and freezes up at least 2/day and forced to power down.
    2-I receive many error messages (ie device.exe).
    3-Battery life on the extended battery lasts 1 day at best (<1hour of talk, and light emailing). I spoke to a few techs on this subject and they told me it is a known issue and are expecting an software update soon.
    4-I have uninstalled FIZZ weather and the icon is still there

Thanks in advance.
    -Tom
  2. taxl

taxl New Member

I have had the same experience. Some Freezing, Not alot but that is typical of all MS software. Battery is the biggest issue for me. Standard battery is 2 days max for me. I am told Motorola just makes crappy batteries.

I wanted to exchange the phone for a RAZR but first my provider said no and even if they allowed me to do it, They don't carry the V3i razr, with the SD card and Itunes so it would be a big downgrade.

I think the main problem with the Q is, it needs to be a great Phone first, then all the other things. Having a low battery all the time means it doesn't work well as a phone.

In my opinion.

Taxl
  3. nbs251

nbs251 New Member

Do you get many Error Messages? I seem to get a bunch...