wrong live login

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by benbernanke, Dec 25, 2010.

1. benbernanke

benbernanke New Member

i accidentally logged into XBL on my windows phone as my wrong ID (one not connected to my gamertag). How do I change this? I can't seem to figure out how to change it
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Seems like the only way to reenter your Live credentials is to start over and do a hard reset.

Settings/about/reset your phone.
  3. ajayden

ajayden Member

4. Pockles

Pockles New Member

i had to go through this...after i had setup multiple email accounts and contacts already and realized the phone uses the first windows live account that you specify during the first time setup.
  5. MarcinVA

MarcinVA New Member

May be a helpful hint for folks who have also gone through this--you can create an extra XBox Live account, associate it with your non-Phone Live ID, and once there is no active Live ID associated with your gamertag you can assign your phone's Live ID to your gamertag. Went through the heartache this weekend and now all of my tags for XBox, Zune and WP7 are all the same now. Yay!
  6. Jal800

Jal800 New Member

After researching this problem, I followed what seemed to be the most sucessful method.
    I created a new temp Live ID, got on the Xbox console, recovered and signed in with the WP7 generated gamertag. I then associated the temp Live ID with the WP7 generated gamertag. This freed up my target Live ID and I was able to associate it with my real gamertag.
    I then deleted the temp Live ID and the WM7 synced with my real gamertag. If you don't delete the temp Live ID the WM7 will follow the changes and go to the temp ID.
    Now my Zune, Gamertag and WM7 are all synced up.
    What were we expecting from MS? Intuative design?