WP7 in Romania - what's not available?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Mircea, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Mircea

Mircea New Member

Hi,

I'm writing from Romania, and I'm interested in a WP7 phone, perhaps the HTC Mozart. However, I couldn't find a definitive answer on the internet about what's available in my country. Since I don't plan to buy a phone only to find out that I can't do this and that, I thought I'd ask you, kind community. Perhaps there's even someone from Romania that can help out.

So... my questions are:

1. Can one buy apps from the marketplace? I have an Android now and I hate that I only have access to free apps.
    2. Can one buy/use/register/the whole deal with xbox live? I'd like to be able to create an account (without having to lie about my country of residence... here's looking at Sony) and then be able to pay and download the occasional fun puzzle game.
    3. Is there a Romanian keyboard available?

If anybody knows other limitations that are available, I'd like to know what those are, as well. I hope there aren't too many, as I have a problem with buying something that's sort of crippled from the get-go. And I'm being cautious because, at least in my country, it's a bit of a trend.

So thanks for all your help, looking forward to your sage advice :)
  2. Portofel

Portofel New Member

1. No
    2. No
    3. I don't know, but probably not.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator