WP7 deletes e-mail messages from server

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Quintal Costa, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Quintal Costa

Quintal Costa New Member

Does anyone knows the answer for this question?

When synchronizing mail with my provider, WP7 automatically deletes the original message from the server and therefore I can not latter reload the messages to my Outlook PC. Normally e-mail settings should have an option allowing user to choose between deleting original e-mail messages, or let those messages remain on the server for further use on a PC. But I can not find that option under e-mail settings.

How do I solve this issue?

Thank you.
  2. Sleestak

Sleestak New Member

I've figured out that the setting is permanently set to delete email from the server that I delete from my phone. I've started making sure to not delete anything until I've retrieved it onto my "main" computer unless it's crap that I don't want to pull in twice.
  3. RobR

RobR Member

Why would you want to manage email on your phone then manage the same email again once you're on your PC? Sounds counter productive, don't you want to see consistency in your email regardless of where you connect from?
  4. Sleestak

Sleestak New Member

He's probably confused because you usually have the choice to "leave a copy of messages on the server." Here there is no choice.
  5. Ed Lakerveld

Ed Lakerveld New Member

I have the same problem. This is a hudge mistake from MS? (no matter the foolish remark from RobR). There are lots of situations you want to take care of a task at your office instead of "on the road"). I do receive a lot of incomming mail and want to keep my inbox on WP7 as clean as possible, but I need all mail in my outlook!.
  6. Aximtreo

Aximtreo Member

Short point, those of us with poor eyesight might want to view what we can on the phone screen and then see the message in ti's entirety on the PC. That's why I don't delete my phone messages until I download them into Outlook.
  7. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

This is a strange issue, are you reading your email directly on your Windows Phone or you are also using Outlook on your phone? I know that when you are viewing email directly connected to your email host when you "delete" and email on the phone it puts it into a "Deleted Items" folder (at least on Gmail), and I can view any of those emails in that folder later on or simply finally trash them.
  8. Ed Lakerveld

Ed Lakerveld New Member

I don't use outlook on my phone. I configured a pop address on my phone, like I did in outlook on my computer. If I receive an email on my phone while my outlook on mu computer is off line and i delete the message on my phone right away, the message is also deleted on the server. Thus when my computer outlook gets on line later, it won't be able to retreive that mail. On every mail client I know you have an option to leave the mail on the server, even if you delete it on the client, makimg it available for other clients to retrive it later.
  9. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

I don't know what to tell you, do some searching to see if hopefully someone else has a Windows Phone with the same email provider as yourself. I've used manual pop addresses for some emails on my Windows Phone as well, but the emails would remain on server when deleted and I could see them in Outlook also with no problem. That was with AT&T web hosting if it matters.
  10. Ed Lakerveld

Ed Lakerveld New Member

Just to be shure: do you use phone 7 Mango????
  11. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Yes I have a Samsung Focus Windows Phone with the latest update.