WP7 based tablet- Would you buy one?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by mem30075, Dec 23, 2010.

1. mem30075

mem30075 New Member

Seems that W7 OS tablets will be shown at CES, however check out this cool concept video on a WP7 tablet. That would be exciting, and I would definitely consider one. Intriguing if that would make Biz sense from MS, although not likely if they are set with W7 based tablets. What do you think?

2. meridian

meridian Member

I think it's a long way from WP7 to a tablet. The main win is that panorama-based apps can spread over the entire screen. But there aren't actually that many apps that use panoramas. (Pivots, yes, panoramas, not so much.)

On a tablet, I'd really want some ability to show more than one app at a time - e.g., look at my email and calendar. WP7 just doesn't offer that.
  3. jab119

jab119 Member

im excited about the announcement of a Windows Tablet and would consider one depending on the OS it uses. If its a scaled down version of Windows 7 i would probably pass, but if its something like WP7, then maybe i could start saving some pennies.
  4. RandomAlec

RandomAlec Member

Wow this concept alone has me ready to buy one. I'll be keeping an eye on a WP7 Tablet for sure in the coming months. Thanks for the heads up on this I would definitely buy one if it's this promising!
  5. Rich Yue

Rich Yue New Member

I would rather have an HP Touchsmart notebook or something of a similar nature. That way you have the portability and compatibility of traditional apps as well as a platform which runs an ever-expanding range of multitouch applications. Cyberlink and Google to name a few have developed so many apps for windows which are multitouch compatible and it's nice to have the option of running old stuff as well, I'd say.
  6. joriginaloak

joriginaloak New Member

I would love a windows 7 tablet so that all my windows 7 compattible programmes can also be used on the device....apps are fine for phone 7....but on a tab i would certainly expect powerful programmes to run also. WP7 could not support programmes like adobe photoshop, illustrator or in-design. Likewise it couldnt support autoCad or microstation, it barely supports office fully. I have the HTC HD7 and it rocks, as a phone though, not as a tablet. I think they should just get moving on making windows 7 fully touch screen compatible and somehow integrate the wp7 experience, apps and games....oh and Zune is the nutts!!!
  7. ajayden

ajayden Member

We definitely can see from the UI design that the WP7 OS is headed for the tablet. But then, we also need to understand that this OS is just 1.0 and it will take sometime for Microsoft to polish the OS (just like Apple did - 2007 to 2010. And then iPad was released). So if we give our patience and support to Microsoft, I am sure they will come out with a tablet for sure.
  8. jessytimothy

jessytimothy Guest

Its graphics looks very amazing and best to work with the any backgrounds. Its OS is just 1.0 and its some of the applications works in Microsoft companies. Window 7 tablet is very amazing rather than other mobiles.
  9. BitPusher2600

BitPusher2600 Member

Hell yes. That would be nifty. Picture a 7" or 10" tablet providing space for more tiles to even float and slide around. The image in my head of this would be awesome at any rate. Its really just considering WinPho7 vs the other guys again. Just as all smartphones and present tablets browse the web, read email etc, the only thing that'd make it work is the UI right? In terms of core functionality, I should think it would just be another tablet, save for Xbox integration, which would make a badass selling point to the gamers.

So my vote is yes, I'd likely get one, simply for being able to enjoy this OS and its excellent UI on a bigger device :-]
  10. MarcinVA

MarcinVA New Member

I am honestly still trying to figure out what I'd use a tablet for when I have a WP7, a netbook, and a Kindle.
  11. Kevin Duren

Kevin Duren New Member

I would buy 10 of them! I think it is a better format than IPad. Microsoft REALLY would benefit by putting all of their eggs in the WP7 Format and support it fully. The more apps, the more it legitimizes it's place in the world. They came into this game late, they need to run twice as fast now. I'm behind it (and I own an IPAD and use to own an Iphone)
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I would buy both a WP7 (for play) and a W7 (for work/school) tablet. Why get a WP7 if I already have W7 you ask? Simple - WP7 has XBL games.
  13. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I would buy one, if they made a few changes.

First, make the browser better. Faster (because it is remarkably slow, even on wifi) and make it so a new tab opens behind the current tab (instead of auto switching to it).

Also, I haven't added movies onto my phone yet, but the word is they all have to be converted into some special format. That needs to change for a tablet.
  14. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Doesn't any phone, not just WP7, need to convert movies?
  15. WinningGuy

WinningGuy New Member

I like the idea of MS using Windows 7 as a base for tablets, but with a completely different interface.

I am hoping that they end up with something that is a mix of Windows 7 and Surface.
  16. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

I believe it depends on what media player they use. Although the convert might not be between file formats but be downsizing, as the screen is so small.
  17. termleech

termleech Member

I would love a WP7 tablet assuming they tweak the interface a bit to make it better for a larger screen. It's perfect for the form factor of the phone but it would need a little tweaking for a larger screen. Also it would need flash and / or silverlight runtime for the browser (which isn't due out for a while I believe).
  18. ajayden

ajayden Member

The samsung tablet at CES looks cool. Interface on the tablets also looks very touch friendly. Cant wait to get my hands on one of them :)