wow some people can really be mean

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by extremesaturn74, Apr 7, 2008.

1. extremesaturn74

extremesaturn74 New Member

wow some people can really be mean

well, i was on here last thursday looking for a q for my daughter. I posted that i was wanting to trade her "like new" razr for a q. i got one response saying that they were really interested because the q was too much phone for them and that they were looking for a razr because they used alot of pic messages. so we agreed that they would ship out their phone first and once i received the q i was to activate it and send the razr. after telling my daughter (15) this she was so excited it really made me happy she has always wanted a q. well to make a long story short, the person never got back to me i believe they are avoiding me for some reason i have left numerous pms and still no response. but i thought that was the most terrible thing a person could do to a child get their hopes up. now i have to go back and tell her that shes really not getting the q and watch her fall to pieces. welp to that person....you know who you are.... thanks alot!!
    would anyone else do this? And i told this person that this was her phone i was trading and they agreed to do the trade. Atleast have the respect to let me know that your no longer interested.
  2. extremesaturn74

user

if anyone wants to know the user name of this person. i can provide that as well. I know things happen and people change their mind but have the respect to atleast tell that other person.

Sorry people just had to vent a little...I hate to see my girls hurt in any way!
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that is a shame...sorry to hear that
  4. extremesaturn74

user

yea and to think it was a user on this site. can i really trust anyone else on this site? you know what people say one bad apple and there all bad. lol
  5. n99hockey

for the majority people in this forum are good.
    but remember you always have to beware of anyone on the net...you just dont know who you are dealing with

i have bought 2 things here from EQ members, one being a Q for my wife and other being a charger and some cases

always beware...dont let the one bad apple spoil your EQ experience
  6. extremesaturn74

yea, i understand im still pretty new to this site. I just hate it when somebody does this to anyone. When my girls hurt i hurt.could you do me a favor a try to keep this thread open as long as possible. i just want people to read it and think before they actually tell someone they will do something. oops i meant to click the thanks link.
  7. n99hockey

yea i hear you
    im not a parent but i can understand where you are coming from

no plans on closing it
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

sorry to hear about your incodent. Ive a daughter 16 and I would be so hurt and drove if it were me.

Ive bought even more than super mod hockey and have had no problems. There's a risk when ever u have open forums like this...i gave my daughter my silver Q when i got a black one on craigslist.
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Sorry you are having a problem.
    It could be that maybe that person is sick? There has been a lot of that going around the forum lately. Give them a few more days to see what happens & if they still haven't contacted you then it's time to move on.

Did you try Ebay? There are some bargains on there on MotoQ's. Especially with the new ones coming out for Alltel and Sprint.

Good luck.

And I don't think posting the person's name who you are having an issue with is going to help with anything. It might make you feel better but might create a lot of hard feelings within the forum. Be a better person than they are.
    My 2 cents, anyway.
  10. eko

eko New Member

Can you really trust anyone in life in that case? Honestly I think that is an offensive comment. I dont know anyone on this site in real life and dont interact personally with them. My character and for that matter any one elses on this forum should not be decided by another uses charachter.

You should just be glad that you didnt agree to the trade, say you were both going to send out the phones and then you send the razr and the other person never send the q. Ive seen that happen many times. Its always good to make sure that the person you are buying from has been around a long time and doesnt have like 10 posts on a site. If consistancy is what you want then look for a constant when buying. Maybe they didnt realize you were a new user at first and then saw that and worried that they were going to get ripped off. Usually you wont get screwed over by someone who has invested a long time in something to build up an online reputation. There are always exceptions to this rule of course (seen that happen to). Like geekster said things come up in peoples lives, maybe they havnt been on, they could be sick, there kids could be, I know my kids have been passing around the stomac flu all weekend long and I havnt been around.

Yes it sucks that you had to disapoint your kid, but its part of life, she should be happy she has a phone at all.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

QFT...

short anecdote, we were dealing with a customer who was suddenly totally unreachable.. we got kinda sorta pissed off, turned out a week later that his sister died. you never know, and yea maybe you did encounter a bad "apple"..
  12. eko

eko New Member

geesh I like the long version better ;) jk but yeah thats basically what I was saying, that and 2 wrongs dont make a right so dont go name calling and whatnot, especially at people who were no way envolved :)
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

crap... that's twice QFT.

:}
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

See your point(s) eko

I decided after one deal didnt work out here to go the craigslist route. Why because its local and the seller was a photographer and she was a sweet girl. LOL weird requirements...but seriously. she gave me the ESN and all he other details so I could call and verify that the phone was not lost or stolen. She even gave me 3 days I believe if I did not want it to give it back to her.

My daughter had her old vzw phone for about oh 5 years. She is happy with her Q and loves her samus hs you made :)
  15. starlightapril

starlightapril New Member

I have a US cellular Q that is not being used.. I don't know what service you have, but I would totally send it to you!
  16. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

craigslist and ebay are decent places to go..but you really can't trust someone over the internet...if you could chris hansen wouldn't have a job.. =)
  17. starlightapril

starlightapril New Member

LMAO!!! Seriously!
  18. extremesaturn74

na

Well i got an email from this person yesterday stating "F.U" (I wont spell it out) And proceded to tell me to buy my own fu***** Motorola q and just plain cursed me out because of the post that i made about him/her. they flat out told me they were avoiding me because they had already traded their q for a samsung slider. thats fine!! Have the respect to let someone know.

i emailed them back asking what their problem was and im still waiting to hear back. Boy did my blood pressure go up when i read that.
  19. Geekster

Geekster New Member

That's unbelievable!! Now that is crossing the line. You have respected our wishes about not telling us who it is but if this was me it would be open season on this idiot after that but I have a temper, so don't go by me!
    Don't have any more contact with this nut case. If he e-mails you again then just delete it. He can not be part of the "good community" that is a big part of this forum.
    I'm sorry you are having this problem. There are many of us here that you can communicate with without abuse. (Sarcasm is free, of course) Stick to the nice ppl.
    Maybe forward the e-mail to the Chris explaining what's going on & see if he can help you? I would ask Rudeboy or Scott on how to proceed with that.
    You can talk to me....I won't send you any bomb e-mails. Promise.
    Damn it! Now my curiosity is peaked on who it is.
    Again, I am sorry about this. This is not about what this forum is.
  20. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Personally, I don't care (or want to know) who it is. That sort of conduct doesn't belong here at all. I'm truly sorry that you had to be the one to experience it. We're all (well most of us anyway) adults here, and should behave as such.