wow.. (short battery life rant)

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by rudeboy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

wow.. (short battery life rant)

Q9c - Verizon,

the first 2-3 months everything was fine, i went till 4-5pm o'clock with 3 bars.. since a few days now at around the noon hour i am down to 2 bars... i thought maybe it's the BT syncing so did i not sync using BT for the last 2 days, no difference though...

installed nothing new.. clueless to what the heck is going on here, might have to (even though i do not really want to) check into a bigger battery, preferable without having to get a different battery door..

anybody has good/bad experience with a bigger battery not using an different door ?
  2. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

I was running my Q9h with the extended life battery since i bought it. I just moved to my smaller battery yesterday to see what the life is like on it. As of now (5 hours off the charger and one usb sync of 5 mins) and I am at 3 bars.

I had up and down results on the extended battery, but never went to less than 3 bars until 9+ hours off the charger.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

9+ hours... i like the sound of that, but question is was that a big ass battery that stuck out with a special door ?
  4. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Yup it included the ugly battery door
  5. Boycan

Boycan New Member

I too just have the regular battery and to say the least it SUCKS! Just yesterday I ordered a car charger and I have always refrained from using them because I heard the rapid charge is hard on the battery but I figured what could it possibly do to this thing?:wacko: It just has to go from charger to charger anyways! :angry:
  6. Vampyr1

Vampyr1 New Member

I pulled my Q9c (also verizon) off the charger this morning about 6:30 a.m. It's now 1:22 pm and I still have 3 bars. I have Wireless Sync set up to push my corporate e-mail to my phone (probably 1 e-mail every 10 minutes of so) and also 2 G-mail accounts that check every 15 minutes. I send maybe 10 or 15 txt's during the day and I was also surfing craigslist for about 30 minutes of so during lunch.

On average I usually get at least 24 hours or more on a single charge unless I've made alot of phonecalls that day. At the very least I get usually 9 hours before I drop to 2 bars.

This is all with the stock battery that came with it and my phone is about 4 months old. I'm debating getting an extended battery though cause this whole charging once a day is so odd to me. I'm use to phones I can go a week on a single charge. Needless to say this is my first "smartphone"
  7. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

Yea, those days are over, until Smartphone makers start making larger/multicell batteries. I use my Q as my alarm, so it is next to the bed and charging each night.

I also failed to mention that I am using a corporate email push using Seven and I have a Gmail account that checks every 15 minutes as well. I don't send many text messages but do at least 30-45 mins of mobile internet browsing a day.
  8. Vampyr1

Vampyr1 New Member

Yeah my last phone before my Q was a RL-4930 from Sanyo through Sprint. That phone was amazing in signal and battery life. I'd got a week to a week and a half easy on a single charge and could grab a signal almost anywhere. That is the one thing I miss about leaving sprint...Sanyo made so kick ass phones.
  9. new_guy234

new_guy234 New Member

My Q9 came with the extended battery and battery door, which gave me about 1 to 1.5 days between charges. Now, since I've been using Candlelight, I get about 2 to 2.5 days between charges when not using a bluetooth headset.
  10. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

note that candle light can cause problems on a Q9 (unless you disable the smart backlight, which does the same thing any way)
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

was talking with a dude who had a sweet looking Blackberry (not sure of the model) but he said he could go 3+ days with a charge..

wow...
  12. new_guy234

new_guy234 New Member

i personally haven't had any issues with candlelight, but i do have smart backlight disabled. imo, candlelight does a better job of giving my phone longer battery life. the only drawback i have is viewing the phone outside with the low-light candlelight forces the phone to have. other than that, it's good.
  13. sherri

sherri Active Member

Hubby's Blackberry goes at least that long! Of course, he barely uses it! I taught him how to make/receive calls & get/send e-mail.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, i should have added that the dude i spoke to probably does not use his BB as much as i use my Q..

you taught him how to make/receive calls ?.. uhm wow :}
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

Yup! I even joined Everything Berry and started a thread called "Help for my clueless Hubby..."

He's actually pretty good with the computer, but everthing else "remotely" technological falls to me. Knowing me as well as you guys do, that's pretty sad! ;)

I have the Tivo/vcr/garage door programing and trouble shooting down pat. Even figured out how to set up wireless internet in the house and get Tivo working and connected to the system...Not very important to Richard, so he doesn't bother. He wanted BB for e-mail, and I begged him to get the new Q (9c for
    Verizon)...

He got the BB and was completely lost, so I had to take over...nice phone in that it just "works". Want Youtube? Enter the url and you have youtube...

He still has no idea how to text, or get on line...Oy vey!
  16. Vampyr1

Vampyr1 New Member

my wife has a Crackberry Curve and she gets amazing battery life compared to me. She doesn't have push like I do but she does have it hitting 2 g-mail accounts every 15 minutes. Plus she run's JiveTalk on it pretty much 24/7 and txt's a good bit. She probably gets a good 3 days off a single charge.

We've both have gotten into the habit of plugging our phones up at our desks during the week.