WOW...im inpressed

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by jab119, Dec 3, 2010.

1. jab119

jab119 Member

I went into an AT&T store today and finally had a chance to play with the 3 WM7 phones they have. I absolutely fell in love with the Samsung Focus. I really love the interface, but a few things bug me, but i really really WANT this phone.

Im more excited about this than when i got my iPhone 3g. Now the thing is, will it be worth it to upgrade now before my contract is up and pay full price, or wait until april to get it at the $199..... man....its a tough one.

James
  2. meridian

meridian Member

April is just around the corner... and there may even be more choice by then!
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Full price is $400 right? Tough call. They'd definitely offer you an upgrade offer. Unless it was a full discount to $199, I wouldn't give'em 2 more years. I was able to get an upgrade price and I just renewed in June. It made sense. I paid $300 and only added 5 months to my commitment.
  4. jab119

jab119 Member

well i bit the bullet!!!!! I added a line to my account and got the Samsung Focus!!!!! so that made it $199 now, plus there was a $100 instant savings, so heck i got it for $99..... im so excited... i had to order it on line so i wont get it until Tuesday. time to start setting up Zune and stuff to get ready for my new toy

james
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Awesome. So you essentially got your no-contract discount and the clock will start ticking on your 2-year contract now. Good move. You'll like the Focus.

You were waiting until April, but now Tuesday will feel like it's taking forever to get to you.;)
  6. JustinSurf

JustinSurf New Member

If you want something to do while you wait for your phone, check out this getting ready guide. It tells you how to setup your Windows Live ID. If you set it up correctly, your phone will literally light up with your stuff once you give it your live id. It will sync your contacts, pictures, facebook and lots of other information automatically.

http://www.winsupersite.com/article...w-Part-2-Getting-Ready-for-Windows-Phone.aspx
    Aximtreo likes this.
  7. jab119

jab119 Member

cool.... thanks for the link. I had already setup my live id last night and have all my music and photos ready to go. I just need to do a few more things that link talks about.....

now.....how do i get this past the wife...... forgiveness is easier than permission :D
  8. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

Easy, get her one too.
  9. JustinSurf

JustinSurf New Member

yeah, AT&T has a buy one get one free offer.
  10. jab119

jab119 Member

she is just fine with her iphone 3Gs, My focus will be here tomorrow so im working from home so i can be here when it gets here :D
  11. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Member

You say that now, but wait till she plays with your Focus. Goodluck man :)
  12. jab119

jab119 Member

haha, you dont know my wife..... it took me 2 years of trying to convince her to change from a cheap flip phone to something better. she still does not use the iphone for all it can do. she is the kind of person who really does not like change:eek:
  13. kell329

kell329 New Member

Just for future reference.. I go through ebates.com I got my phone ordered on cyber Monday and I got free shipping free phone (I was due an upgrade) 60 credit to my account and 12.50 in cash back (ebates gives a percentage back just for going through them to the site and with all I got it was like they paid me 72.50 to get a new phone :cool: ..I just checked today because we have another upgrade available to see and it is still free for upgrade and new ..didn't look at non contract price however. Have fun.. I am studying these pages to learn and take advantage of all my phone can do! (btw I was skeptical on the cash back til I got the check :)
  14. jab119

jab119 Member

This is even worse than the day i ordered it.....
    Dec 7, 2010 6:45 AM
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    i want to go hunt this truck down:D

i have used ebates before, but unfortunately i cant use that for my phone purchases due to the account type with ATT from the company i work for.
  15. Edge1978

Edge1978 New Member

LOL Good Luck! Keep us updated :D
  16. jab119

jab119 Member

ITS here :D its here.... time to go mess around with it.....the live ID worked great.... all my contacts are on the phone and facebook has been set up......oh man.... so much more to do
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You didn't have to add another account. As long as my account is in good standing, AT&T always lets me upgrade 6 months before my 2 year contract ends. Most of the time my online account shows my upgrade option. If not, I just call CS and they note my account to allow an upgrade.
  18. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hahahaha! I'm in that situation now! Tracking says on fedex truck since 9:03am. It's now 1:01pm. This is taking forever!!! I keep thinking about the Carl's Jr commercial where the delivery guy parks in a corner, under a tree and enjoys his burger.... :mad:

Saaaaaay.... that better not be my phone that was delivered to your door!!! :p
  19. jab119

jab119 Member

well with my account type, early upgrade is not available until April...period, its just what I have to live with.

i showed the phone to the wife and she did not like it, she just shoved her iphone in my face and said she LOVED it. lol. and she was totally cool with me getting it.
  20. Edge1978

Edge1978 New Member

And here you were worried for nothing LOL

So what do you think of the Focus so far?