worth getting a Q w/o the internet?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by y2jerik0, Aug 10, 2006.

1. y2jerik0

y2jerik0 New Member

worth getting a Q w/o the internet?

hey, i was gonna spend about 130 on a new phone anyway so i was wondering if you think its worth getting a Q for the extra 70 bucks ($199) and using the features on it other than the internet b/c I can't afford the $45 monthly internet charge....

P.S can i still use bluetooth to transfer files to a Q without the use of internet?
  2. bpatt

bpatt New Member

I wouldn't, personally.

Yes, you can. Bluetooth functionality is not related to the EVDO data capability.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

If you get a Q, you'll want data. Granted, you'll have some of the smartphone perks - contacts, calendar and so on...but email, IM, web -- all the fun stuff cost. You might want to consider Sprint when they release their Q. Sprint is known for low cost data packages (and questionable customer service, but hopefully you won't need to call them).

-Chris
  4. y2jerik0

y2jerik0 New Member

thank you very much bpatt and chris for the replies, i appreciate it
  5. bpatt

bpatt New Member

No problem. One other thing to consider: I've found over the years that having data capabilities on my PDA has made me so much more efficient communication wise, and less reliant on the telephone itself. Being able to respond to clients and the like in real time is worth way more than $45 a month to me.

I hope you can find a way to make the Q and/or data plan work for you, as its the best PDA/phone I've ever owned.:happy: