workgroup

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rudeboy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

workgroup

so at the new location i am not going to setup a domain.. for now i am setting up a workgroup, which i know has no permissions but uses private folders, any good (free :} software out there to control all that, as being the system admin so to speak... i will have 5 users i need to give "home directories" access and maybe a few shared dirs..
  2. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

this is the only thing i found Kalvyn Workgroup, not sure if this is what you need, i never used it but it does required a sql database. good luck
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks.,.. might have to check that out.
    found the owner crap...
  4. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

not sure if this helps but if it's this on a windows base pc, i know i had issues with the network when people change the computer's name, so i had to edit the registry to change the name there as well, for some reason it wont connect if all names don't match, maybe this applies to your issue as well.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*update*

it's all straightened out and working... only thing, since ACT! is insisting to turn on simple file & printer sharing, i am not sure how to keep users in their home directory on that workgroup "server"...