WordPerfect - Mobile version

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by jasonrisch, Mar 2, 2007.

1. jasonrisch

jasonrisch New Member

WordPerfect - Mobile version

Has anyone heard of a program that can view WordPerfect files on a Windows Mobile platform? Something like what 'DocumetsToGo' (http://software.everythingq.com/product.asp?id=10572) does for MS Word?

As an attorney I work in an industry that - for some reason - uses WordPerfect as it's preferred word processing program. I'd like to be able to read documents on my Q.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Jason
  2. ksmith80209

ksmith80209 New Member

Wow -I didn't know WordPerfect still existed!
  3. wrickstr

wrickstr New Member

i too have been trying to find a way to view WP documents on my Q. so far, i haven't found anything that works. but if someone out there could invent it, you would be doing a lot of people a big favor!!
  4. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

yeah I remember Word Perfect back in the day. Between that and Lotus nobody needed any big expensive office package.

Wordperfect is pretty much dead... I wouldn't count on it. I think you should seriously consider converting your files into a newer format.
  5. henrylcr

henrylcr New Member

Word Perfect is still quite alive in legal settings, so switching to a newer format is not as easily done as said.

OP: have you tried Wordpad or other such text viewers that will view pretty much anything that has text in it? You'll lose formatting in viewing or if you edit documents, but at least you'd be able to view them.
  6. yameen1

yameen1 New Member

I'd love to know if there's a WordPerfect app as well. I agree its pretty much dead, expect for lawyers, many of whom still use WP.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh sjeez.... i remember people printing out and putting a piece of paper on the Function keys so they could easily see what a key did :}

w00t.... you can get it for free: http://www.microcounsel.com/TEMPLATE.HTM

(i know.. i added nothing to this thread but bumped it for free :}
  8. bothersomeaunt

bothersomeaunt Member

I sooo miss Lotus Organizer - it was awesome! I would actually pay money and buy that program for my Q.
  9. VAN BELLE Jean Marc

VAN BELLE Jean Marc New Member

Leave this topic alive: all WP (Word Perfect) users want WP (Windows Phone) to support WP (Word Perfect). What a dream it would be to use the same abbreviations WP WP WP WP Wow Perfect!

VAN BELLE Jean Marc, Bellegem, Belgium