Word of the Week 03/24/08

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by n99hockey, Mar 25, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

not a bad thought
    Tuesday IS the first of the month....

you dont think it will get forgotten about 2 weeks in to the month?
  2. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Nah, I'm sure someone will kindly remind the two in charge. And if it does get forgotten, then we can consider it dead.:smile:
  3. eko

eko New Member

or make it more interesting. I really dont like such a broad spectrum, what might be cool is to have people post actual images and then give everyone a couple of days to vote on it, and then whichever image gets the most votes you have to incorporate it into a homescreen, just my 2 cents
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that would take more of the month timeframe....

-Sent from my Q
  5. Desiree Q

Desiree Q New Member

eko, that is a great idea! For example, I am a newbie who just hopped right into this conversation (sorry by the way, can I have a newbie pass?) and everyone just ignored my Shrek idea.
    You could allow us "outsiders" to inspire you guys each month.

You know Rainbow 6 just came out with Vegas 2:
    [​IMG]

Important stuff like this could use a new HS. There are alot of people who are into the Sweet 16 college basketball finals right now (eko has some of the teams covered on his website), Spring Break is near the end...but still important, the presidential election is friggin' everywhere, there is always new music coming out and out favorite "hottie artist".
    Oh yeah! Sports Illustrated has a swimsuit model of the DAY!

[​IMG]

There's a lot of us out here with different interests so the imagination could go C R A Z Y. (just trying to inspire everyone)
    I haven't seen an HS for any of the following:
    Horoscopes
    Religion/s
    ebay
    (can you make a HS with a web link that correspondes to the HS)
  6. eko

eko New Member

you are always welcome to jump into the convo :) I just think it would be more useful to everyone if people voted on images and it would just be more interesting.

and we didnt discount your idea, I think a lot of people dont realize the ammount of request me and I am sure other designers get by email. Unless something really jumps out and grabs me or someone pays me, they kind of just go on a list until I have time to get to it.

Something else helpful is if you see a layout you want say this is what I want but I want this layout shrek themed. Or at least list your desired plugins,

I am in no way jumping on you or upset with you just explaining :)

and was the paypal comment for me?

~ellie
  7. Desiree Q

Desiree Q New Member

Yes, that comment was for you. :laugh2:

I'm sure you get a lot of requests.
    I love the Dolphin HS and the Black soft keys. Those are my favorites...so far. The bold type makes the words so easy to read.

Can you put a hyperlink on the HS to a website or page? Also, is there a HS program where the screen changes? For example, if you were watching a particular stock? That would be HUGE for me with a nice little golf scene of Pebble Beach.
    We can take this offline for the paticulars, just let me know.

DQ
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i will try and follow this "discussion" and perhaps making it monthly...
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I didn't play last week b/c I had another "crap job"..not like the last one but it isn't fun wiring a house with no heat or plumbing & ya' got a cold!
    Plus, I couldn't think of anything for "TV" ---
    IMO the monthly thing, I think, will get lost in the shuffle of new posts ....unless someone keeps "bumping" it.
    I'll just follow the leader...:laugh2:
  10. eko

eko New Member

I know on some phones you can, so it would depend on which one you have. Send me an email (you can find my address on my website and we can get into particulars.

As far as the word of the ... What about doing it every other week. The first week for 3 days people could post images and then the next 4 days people could vote and then we would have a week to make it. As far as keeping it at the top, one of you fabulous mods could sticky it for the 2 weeks, then when the 2 weeks were up just unsticky it and put the new one up :)

I think it oculd be fun and it would give us a more specific cause/subject matter, but would allow us to still be creative.
  11. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Then everyone would make their own rendition of the "winning" picture? Different plug-ins, no plug-ins, with or without Facade?
    Or ppl will post what they want as far as plug-ins, colors, etc?
    (I might PM you about something else kind-of related to this)
    Or take the winning 2 or 3 pictures & split them up?
    (Of course I am going to rely heavily on Cindra!) <jk> LOL
  12. eko

eko New Member

yeah like everyone could kind of do there own thing with whatever plugins they prefer type of thing. I just think it would be really interesting to see what people do with the same image. You guys are all so creative and often think of placing things differently. It would be a nice learning experience for everyone and give us new ideas :)
  13. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Whoaaa!! Hold on there Miss 3D animation HS creator!!! You are one of the top HS creators here. I go to other forums with ppl asking about HS on the MotoQ they get directed here b/c eko has some "kick butt" ones. Or Der Alta's "can blow you away". Prosper's are sooo kick a$$!! DocMac's are "clean & smooth"....etc
    You "guys" (this includes you, you know) are the "talent"...
    I play b/c it's fun and I don't want my color wheel to get dusty! LOL
  14. eko

eko New Member

lol well even if I am up there you never know to much and we all hit a creativity boulder sometimes, and it is nice drawing inspiration from others :)

but thank you :)
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i kind of like that idea.... but i'm trying to keep my workload down :}
  16. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

that would imply that you do work to begin with...

* runs & hides *
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yes... and there is just no way i can convince you folks that i work is there ? :]

*throws left Doc Marten*
  18. eko

eko New Member

well you and hockey could switch off every other time which would probably leave it to only like once a month you would have to sticky unsticky. Thats a lot less than the every week you guys have to set the thread up now. I dont know, its just food for thought and a way to get non homescreen designers more envolved :)

you know me I just like to cause problems :)
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

if thats the case then we would have one less thing to tease you about.

* install odor-eater and returns shoe C.O.D. *
  20. cindra

cindra Active Member

I better hit the web to look for exciting stuff then, since all my current wallpapers will? be ineligible.

Or will anything be game, old or new?