Word Doc reader?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Paul.4900, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Paul.4900

Paul.4900 New Member

Word Doc reader?

Hello, im wondering if theres is a program that lets you drag on word files just like you can drag on pictures onto your q and you can read the word documents right off the q just like a PC? thank you guys
  2. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

Use Activesync to connect your device to the PC. Open Windows Explorer. Click on Mobile Device. You can then copy the files to your phone. Open File Manager on your phone. Go to the folder where you copied the file. Click on the file. The word file viewer program should start.
  3. Paul.4900

Paul.4900 New Member

When i click on the file is says, There is no application with "word file". Run the application first and then open this file inside the application. I did what you said i draged them into a folder i created in mobile device.
  4. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

Are you talking about a DOC file made from Microsoft Office. I have a Sprint Q. It comes with an Office File Viewer program. It should be able to open and read those files. Are you using Office 2007. It may have some compatibility issues with files stored in that format. If so, try saving in a previous version of Word.
  5. Paul.4900

Paul.4900 New Member

Yea i also have a q with sprint, the document is regular wordpad file. the simplest, rich text document.
  6. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

Windows Mobile can be pretty restrictive about what it can or cannot read. Try to save the document in Wordpad as Word document in the PC and then copy to your phone. You should be able to read it then.
  7. Paul.4900

Paul.4900 New Member

word pad files can only be saved in

RICH TEXT FORMAT
    TEXT DOCUMENT
    TEXT DOCUMENT MS-DOS FORMAT
    UNICODE TEXT DOCUMENT

and none of them work, and other suggestions?
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member