Won't come on

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by jchtrumpet, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

Won't come on

My Moto Q 9h for the last two days won't respond by touching the keys after it was locked. I can plug in a power cord and it will come on or take the battery out and out it back in and it will come on. I am looking for something that was changed that affect the keyboard. I can't get the keyboard to light up to unlock. Any suggestions--thanks.
  2. neutral

neutral New Member

Have you tried doing a hard reset by holding e+z after insterting the battery?

Sounds like the keyboard drivers may have been corrupted.
  3. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Dont you think thats a little drastic?.
  4. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

Thanks, I'm doing that now.
  5. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

I had all my stuff backed up with Sprite so it was no problem.
  6. neutral

neutral New Member

Any suggestions then?
  7. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Question?
    If I can get the stupid thing worded right! It's there just can't get the thought from my brain to my fingers to make sense....

Sometimes when the "Q" won't unlock through the keyboard, you could probably, maybe call your provider and have them re-set your phones password. But.....
    If the "keys" are unresponsive when the phone's locked and you can't get the phone to respond to the key strokes to unlock it & you call your provider will the keyboard work again?
    Or, is the only chance for the password reset to work is when the key board does respond even though it isn't responding to the unlock code, IE key board lights up, screen comes on, etc?
    Oh boy, I hope all this makes sense b/c I really would like to know the difference between a successful "password reset" or no?
  8. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

It still didn't come on thsi morning. I did a master reset yesterday. During the day, it will work like it is suppose to. I can lock the phone, and then hit a key, it will light up and then I can unlock it. It only happens after it sits overnight. I have to either take out the battery or plug in a power cord for a second and it will come on. Is there a setting I am missing--something that does something to the phone after it sits for several hours with no action? Thanks
  9. Carl Gottlieb

Carl Gottlieb New Member

The opposite problem

My Moto won't stay OFF! I turn it off. Says "goodbye," goes black. Fine. Plug in a charger (not OEM), and it goes on. Turn it off with the charger plugged in, it says Goodbye, goes black for a few seconds, then keyboard lights up, and it SWITCHES ON. And I don't think it's charging. Ideas? It does the same thing when it's plugged into my Lenovo X61s laptop.
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Do you have candlelight installed?

Do you have mini weather installed?
  11. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

I reset my Q, reformated my SD card and re-installed all my programs--not just restore from a backup. I left off a couple of things--weather program. It started after I upgraded my weather program. We'll see if any of this helps.