WMWifiRouter

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by String, Mar 9, 2009.

1. String

String Member

Yes. I tried everything. I used 3 different file explorers. Nothing worked.
  2. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

3. kwood129

kwood129 Member

After my first post on this I noticed something as a bad side effect. When I ran this program it would kill my power management on the phone. It would leave the backlight on the screen all the time. Anytime I tried to change my settings it would tell me that I couldn't open the power management application. I would have to do a hard reset in order to get it working again.
  4. Cunha

Cunha Member

Same here.

To use your power manager (with this software installed) you need to run the WMWIFIrouter and then change your power management.

Then you need to turn off WMWIFI router or else the screen on your phone will never turn off.

This is a bad an almost surely unintended side effect of the way that WMwifirouter interacts with the phones power management software to deal with the phone when it is under the heavy load of being used as a modem.

I told the guys at wmwifirouter.com about this but they did not respond to my email.

Send them some letters.

EDIT - BTW, uninstalling this software does not fix the issue, you have to do a hardware reset in order to fix the power management. I forgot to post this when I found out about it a month or so ago.

Otherwise, wmwifirouter is a great program except I can't figure out how to get 3g to bluetooth to work.