WMWifiRouter

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by String, Mar 9, 2009.

1. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

Hi folks! Just wanted to jump in here and say that I have WMWiFiRouter installed and running on my Nap and just got it all configured properly for the first time. It works and I am posting from my laptop connected via WiFi on the Nap.
    A quick speedtest from 2wire.com shows 712 kbps...not too shabby in my house with a notoriously spotty EvDO signal!

I am using it on a 21 day trial that started a week ago when I first loaded it but didnt have it configured right and I could connect to it but with no throughput.

Right now it's setup as open for testing, the first time I was using WEP and got the key in properly and connected but I couldnt get any data.

When I figure everything out I will post back but this definitely works on the Nap.
  2. String

String Member

The way WMWifiRouter works is that it turns the Cell into a Wifi Hotspot using the EVDO data. So I can connect several computers to my phone for data when I am not neat a hotspot, or a starbucks.

ICS is installed on this device by default, but only for wired connections.

I have been trying to install version .91 since that is a free for personal use version.

That version does not even install on the Nap.
  3. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

I got PDANet to work on with my laptop using my Verizon Q9c but when I upgraded from WM 6.0 to 6.1 (in anticipation that there would be a GPS fix for the Q9c that would need WM 6.1), it had proxy problems. I switched to using ICS and it worked well (using ActiveSync 4.5). I soon discovered, however, that trying to connect to a second computer gave me "check usb connection" and "waiting for network" error messages. Other than ICS not working, ActiveSync worked fine (I could access the Explorer function and see/transfer files from the Q to the PC). Worth noting is that I hit "cancel" in activesync to disable synchronizing with Outlook and avoid creating a durable partnership on the PC.

Googled around and came up with a discussion at http://www.windowsmobiletraining.com...1718/9237.aspx that suggested that WM 6.1 was flawed and allowed ICS with only one computer for multiple smartphones. The only workaround that I could find was to do a master reset on the Q, but that only allowed me to select which computer to use ICS with (unless I wanted to master reset every time I switch computers).

It sounds like WMWifiRouter may be a work-around by using WiFi instead of USB tether but I see that WMWifiRouter requires ICS - which may take me back to my original problem unless it's USB tethering that creates the problem that I had. Any experience out there with Verizon Q9c?
  4. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

5. lildman

lildman New Member

The ICSControl.exe will not open on NAP...Part two of the how-to link above. The first part worked great though. Any help?
  6. larsdennert

Bummer. Sounds like it might not run on the smartphone platform. Did you install icsinstall.cab first? That contains INTshrui and some required drivers. Specifically ipnat.dll. icsinstall does what pdanet does except free and doesn't require pc side daemons. Does intshrui run?

I'm kinda hijacking the thread here as it was for wmwifirouter...

BTW I can't say if pdanet, wmwifirouter, inshrui and icscontrol play nicely together installed at the same time (except for the last two which depend on each other)
  7. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

I've since concluded that my problem with multiple computers is that I had accepted the option to synchronize with my desktop and after that, ICS would not work with any other computer. The workaround is to not permit synchronization by hitting "cancel" when you are asked by ActiveSync if you want to synchronize. The drawback is that you won't be able to synchronize with outlook (calendar, contacts, etc.).
  8. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

ICS using USB

Instructions attached.

Attached Files:

9. lildman

lildman New Member

It works perfect! Plugged it into my desktop as is was near by and followed the instruction above and presto!! I am posting this now via a tethered Moto Q9N, without the $15 VZW fee.
    Thanks again:laugh2::laugh2:

Although I would like to be able to connect without the cable...any ideas there Tyler.
  10. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

There is an option under "PC Connection" for Bluetooth that I have not tried. The problem there is that bluetooth is a pretty big drain on power and you need bluetooth on your laptop/desktop (which I don't have).

My observation has been that the Q needs more frequent charging than most phones and that tethering for ICS reduces the frequency of having to plug in to the wall for charging.
  11. String

String Member

The only issue is that I do not have any options under network connection. Any suggestions?

Can you post your intshrui.exe and intshrui.dll files? Perhaps I could just overwrite the files on my nap./

Thanks,

Gadi
  12. String

String Member

Post Sharing Files

Could someone please post or send me thier intshrui.exe and intshrui.dll files that has internet connection sharing working?

Thanks.
  13. larsdennert

14. String

String Member

I believe that these are samsung specific. It makes the current install worse as it does not allow for an internet connection and removes the USB option to connect to the phone.

Any other q9n'er out there that can pull those files?

Thanks
  15. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

Try this. It was provided as part of a Q9n flash file.

Attached Files:

16. kwood129

kwood129 Member

I have just finished installing the latest version of wmwifirouter. I just flashed the phone 2 days ago and have pda net also installed. Both are working just fine for me. I just tested wmwifi on a speed test from dslreports and got a 1.4meg download. Did notice that I couldn't get it working correctly with encryption on. I'll work with that some more but unencrypted it works great.
  17. String

String Member

Thanks. Now, how do I get these files onto the Nap?
  18. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

I assume that you extract the intshare.dll and intshrui.exe files and copy them to your windows directory on the Nap using ActiveSync.

I just noted that your original request was for "intshrui.dll" and not "intshare.dll", so the zip that I posted may not work...
  19. String

String Member

The issue is that these files are on the ROM. Therefore, I cannot overwrite the originals.

Thanks,
  20. Tyler Lillie

Tyler Lillie New Member

Did you try renaming the files on your nap and then copying the new files?