.wmwebasf when i want .wmv! please help!!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by lkjhg123, Sep 17, 2008.

1. lkjhg123

lkjhg123 New Member

.wmwebasf when i want .wmv! please help!!

hello I have a q9m and I hope someone can help me. I (paid money) to sign up to a site that offers .wmv video to download. but when I click thew image that acts as a link, instead of sending me to the window that lets me choose to save the file to my storage card it just jumps to the file name followed by .wmwebasf and starts dling. to where I don't know because the download stops and says there is no space. I've tried everything to fix this. in opera mobile the link just makes it freeze and in jbed opera mini anytime I try to dl something it says ''error: error fetching file'' please help I really need a step by step walkthrough on this, thank you so much
  2. Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took New Member

The Q9m will not let you 'Right Click Save As', so it saves the files straight onto your My Documents folder. If the file is too big, then it runs out of memory. This is one of my biggest gripes about WM Standard, and why I won't be getting it again.

If the file is smaller, and you have space, then you can download the file and simply change the extension to 'wmv' and then it will run as normal wherever. I don't know why they bother with wmwebasf.
  3. lkjhg123

lkjhg123 New Member

thanks but im convinced there is a way to mod ie or use some other browser to download them... help!
  4. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace New Member

.wmv to Storage Card

Did you ever figure this out?? I have the same issue. Click a link to a .wmv file, and Pocket Internet Explorer automatically downloads it to \My Documents.

The registry change to move history/cookies/cache does not effect this auto download to my documents...

This obviously becomes an issue when the file is larger than free memory...

Thanks in advance!
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

when it asks you to download hit the right soft key (menu) then hit save as and you can tell it to go to the SD card
  6. DennisTheMenace

It doesn't ask...

It simply automatically starts to download to my docs...
  7. abreeden

abreeden New Member

this works great for me. always asks me main memory or storage card
  8. DennisTheMenace

.wmv to Storage Card

So... does it only do it to Verizon Wireless ppl??? I never get asked? It AUTOMATICALLY starts a download to the My Documents folder. Never get the opportunity to tell it to go somewhere else. Even if I interrupt it.
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

I do have Verizon but.....

===========================
    I do have Verizon but.....I don't think that matters. I've seen same screen on others. When you click to D/L a Download screen pops up. It showns "Download xxxxxx to\My Documents\'? The soft keys options are "yes" or "menu" . Press "menu". A popup comes up, options are 'Save As" or "No". Click "Save As". This gives you the option to name the D/L and the location to save it "Main Memory" or "Storage Card". Try it.
  10. DennisTheMenace

.wmv to Storage Card

Nope. It just starts.

It does "ask" for .mpeg, .pdf, etc... but the .wmv files just start.
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

What is the Site?

======================
    What is the Site? What browser are you using?