WMP Library

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by rbrainard, Jul 25, 2008.

1. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

WMP Library

Okay... When I have WMP open and I insert the SD card containing all my music it asks if I would like to scan for files.

I click YES... It scans the card and finds 753 files, but does not add them all to my library...

What gives?

On a second note... I have noticed that there is a text box at the bottom of the screen after WMP cans for files, but it is so small that you can't read the text, but can see that there are multiple lines to scroll through...

I'm stumped.
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Did you make sure you updated the correct library? After the update, make sure you are reading the memory card library.
  3. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

It's strange. I have two different memory cards. One of them is set up for email and IE Cache, along with a couple of programs that are not used 100% of the time, pictures, etc. When THIS one is in, WMP shows both My Device and Storage Card when I look at "library".

The other memory card has nothing but music on it in well organized file folders. \Storage Card\Artist Name\Album Name\Song.mp3 OR \Storage Card\Artist Name\Song.MP3.

This one does not show up in WMP as Storage Card when I look at the library in menu... the only thing that shows up is "My Device"

Is it not formatted in the right way? What's the best for Smartphones? NTSC, FAT32, etc...

Thanks for the insight!
  4. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

Well, i figured it out!

Because I was setting the IE cache to the storage card, it was causing the storage card to immediately have those files. This messed up the music card in that it disrupted my file allocation (showed up as two storage cards). Setting the IE Cache back to the Q9C memory and formatting the card did the trick.