WMP audio is too low, same with TCPMP, what to do?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by osiris3mc, Jan 26, 2009.

1. osiris3mc

osiris3mc New Member

WMP audio is too low, same with TCPMP, what to do?

Hey everyone, my 4th MP3 player in 4 years broke, so I decided to start using my Q9c for mp3s. Well, yesterday I put about 3gb onto my memory card, then went to Radio Shack and bought the dang 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter (and yes, totally overpaid). Well, I try to play music using WMP, and, well, even at full volume, can barely here anything. Then, I installed TCPMP, and tried that, and even at full volume, can barely here anything. I tried adjusting the preamp on TCPMP, but that just messes up the music (really staticy and just sounds horrible).

I'm wondering if there are any other programs out there for MP3s, or, even better, if there is a simple solution to my volume issue! I'm not trying to repost - I searched and could not find this specific issue. Please I just want to be able to HEAR the MP3s! I simply cannot afford another MP3 player right now.

Thanks!
  2. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Have you tried holding in on the scrollwheel until a bar graph comes up and make sure that is as high as it can go?
  3. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Thats very odd you couldn't search and find an answer. Ive seen this same issue posted close once a day over the last couple weeks.

But I would suggest the same thing as Boycan
  4. osiris3mc

osiris3mc New Member

Thanks guys. Turns out that particular volume setting was not up all the way. However, although I am fine now with all the volume settings maxed out, is there any way to go higher (other than the preamp via TCPMP)? I'm just planning ahead here and figuring something will be eventually played that's not at the same audible level as these mp3s I've added thus far. Any ideas? I noticed a registry hack - have people had success with that?
  5. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

If you're talking about the bass gain hack. There are some that have done it and it works. I haven't tried i yet.
  6. cbw20004

cbw20004 New Member

I've done the bass gain hack. Can distort the sound a bit if you get it too high, but other then that, works great.
  7. sitlet

sitlet New Member

there is a hack to increase the base gain of the different volume outputs (headphones, speakerphone, earpiece, etc). look in the hacks area. i think i was able to increase mine by 3-4 without any distortion
  8. bluedevices

bluedevices New Member

speaker problem

i owe a lenevo lappy and its speakers went dead due to use of vlc player.can any one suggest which player to use so that no such probs arises further with same facility to enhance sound 400 times