WMDC 6.1 and Q9H

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by ninjaap, Jun 18, 2008.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

WMDC 6.1 and Q9H

So I just got me a spankin new laptop with Vista. I installed WMDC 6.1. Everything works fine. Synced with no problems, except one: I can't find the windows folder. I can access it fine in my phone using file manager. It's obviuosly hidden. Any thoughts???

So these are the folders that I see when I open WMDC > File Management > Browse the contents of your device > [I double click on phone memory icon]:

Application Data
    ConnMgr
    Documents and Settings
    MAPI
    My Documents
    Program Files

There's supposed to be a Temp folder and a Windows folder. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Can't seem to find it anywhere else. And I sincerely apologize to Xebec for my sarcastic remark. It was uncalled for.
  2. Xebec

Xebec Member

It is not hidden on mine. I'm running Vista 64 bit, and it shows up just fine.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Good for you...

I know it's not supposed to be hidden. I'm just wondering why mine is. Maybe someone out there has had a similar experience.
  4. Xebec

Xebec Member

No reason to get nasty about it. I read your post, plugged in my phone and checked whether I saw the Windows directory on mine. It's a wonder you get any help at all with an attitude like that.
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I'm sorry. What I meant to say was thank you for your time and input. Any ideas why this could be happening?
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Never mind. I figured it out. I had to change the settings in Control Panel > Folder Options in my PC to show "protected operating system files". :laugh2:
  7. blade242

blade242 New Member

U hve 6.1 installed ~_~ Ninjaap dont u hve ATT?
  8. Xebec

Xebec Member

6.1 of Windows Mobile Device Center, not Windows Mobile. With Windows Vista, Active Sync is replaced with Windows Mobile Device Center.
  9. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Well its hidden on some and not hidden on some based on something so simple and stupid that make most people say "DUH" afterwards. So here is the "secret".

If you on your host machine, have set the option of hiding hidden then it will hide them on your device as well. Also if you have the option for showing system files and folders set then it will do transfer that as well.

So the reason by default some people show and others don't is because someone like myself is anal enough to immediately configure my "Folder Options" to show hidden files and to uncheck hide known extensions and so on but I still keep hide system files and folders as to avoid accidental crap. Try it and see, and good luck.
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Thanks Guardian. That solution actually came to me 5 mins after I shutoff my laptop and went to bed. And your exactly right. Just like you, I decided to keep them hidden until I have the need to access my windows folder.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I figured and knew it would but I wanted to slightly push it along ;) Glad you got it resolved. Take care.
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You too. Glad to see you still come around this forum.
  13. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I still read everything but I just don't comment much anymore unless its someone I want to help. The reason is too much bullshit with certain users and I don't have the time and energy to contribute and get attitude or pissed on or deal with juvenile behavior. I guess you can say I am taking rudeboy and mexiken and paco's advice and just being more selective. I consider you a friend so when I saw you having trouble, I said something to help out. Otherwise, I probably would have just read it and moved on. Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything. I deal with most of my friends here, through PM and personal email now.
  14. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sweet! I have friends now... LOL! Well, thanks again. :w00t:
  15. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I'm a friend, yay !!!!