WMDC 6.0 download?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Shoggoth, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Shoggoth

Shoggoth New Member

WMDC 6.0 download?

WMDC 6.1 will no longer recognize my Moto Q 9c on my Vista 64-bit system. I've tried everything suggested except for "rolling back" to WMDC 6.0, but I can't find a 64-bit download for this anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

Thanks!
  2. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Try to removing the "association" of the Q & wmdc then reconnecting. This may help it to recognize it again.
  3. Shoggoth

Shoggoth New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, though I'm not sure what you mean by "association." WMDC doesn't even think my phone is connected. I removed the phone from WMDC (I think this is what you're saying), and now I just have a generic "Not Connected" message. Disconnecting the phone and reconnecting doesn't help.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled WMDC 6.1 several times to no avail, restarting the computer each time, with the phone connected and disconnected. The frustrating thing is that it used to recognize the phone and sync just fine, but after "upgrading" to WMDC 6.1 this became erratic and eventually totally nonfunctional.

I thought perhaps if I could just reinstall WMDC 6.0, I might be able to get it to work again, but I can't find a 64-bit version of it anywhere.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

on your Q9c have you tried start..settings...connections...usb to pc...check or uncheck enable advanced network functionality...reboot?
  5. Shoggoth

Shoggoth New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, TreeFrog. Yes, I have tried connecting and rebooting with that box both cleared and checked, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

My Vista 64 machine recognizes that hardware is connected -- I get a Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray when I plug in the phone -- and my phone will charge over the USB connection. But WMDC doesn't think anything's there.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

are you sure they made a 6.0 64bit? i looked to no avail also.....
  7. Shoggoth

Shoggoth New Member

FWIW, I did find it here (both 32- and 64-bit versions):
    http://www.rapidshare.com/files/15929947/wmdc_6.0_32bit_and_64_bit_edition.zip

I uninstalled 6.1 and and installed 6.0, but WMDC still couldn't see my phone.

I tried online chat with Sprint support, but the best they could do was to tell me to install the 32-bit version. When I told them that wouldn't work on a 64-bit machine, they gave me a number to call. I'll post an update here when I do.
  8. Shoggoth

Shoggoth New Member

Hallelujah

Success! I tried turning the phone off and on again (something I didn't even know I could do before stumbling across it in the user guide). Then I reconnected to my computer, and WMDC 6.0 found it, connected and synced.

Needless to say, I will not be upgrading to WMDC 6.1 until they fix this problem.
  9. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Glad you got it working.

Did you just say you didn't know you could turn the phone on and off??? ;)
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha...no kidding! In my instructions above what did you do for the "reboot" step then? =)
  11. Shoggoth

Shoggoth New Member

When I hear "reboot," I always think "computer." Did plenty of that :smile:

Yes, I admit I didn't know I could turn my phone off. RTFM, right? :smile:

Thanks for the help, everyone!
  12. Laker171

Laker171 New Member

I made this way and It worked

Ok. I Installed WMDC 6.0 and 6.1 and neither of two recognized my moto q 9c... so I decided to unisntall this programs and install the one y hace on the cd tah came on mi MOto Q box....The cd label says that it is Activesync 4.5...

It works perfect now!! And I am using Windows 7 .

So go and find that CD that came on the Moto Q BOx!

Or look for google to find Activesync 4.5.

Sorry for my English I am from Mexico.