WM7 with Facade and Fizz, need help modding

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by jhoff80, Mar 9, 2008.

1. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

WM7 with Facade and Fizz, need help modding

http://www.towerofthesun.com/q/WM7_Black_with_Fizz.zip

This is the skin I started with, originally by GoldenY and modified by Joneyee

[​IMG]

There's two things I wanted to change in it. One, the status bar in my opinion needs to go at the top like it is in every other menu. I swapped the Fizz and status bar sections in the xml file, and that works fine.

What I need some help with though, is that I was wondering if it was possible to replace the MRU apps listed there with a set list of apps. Also, I dont' know if its possible, but if there's any setting somewhere that would let me wrap the top and bottom button presses, that'd be good too, but I doubt that can happen.
  2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

You can't replace the MRU with Static Icons, unless you have Facade or Sprint. Sprint has a plugin that allows you to lock icons where you want them. Facade has the same.

There is no setting to wrap the top and bottom presses.
  3. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Yeah, I do have Facade installed, but I still can't quite figure out how to replace the MRU list with a static list.
  4. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

This is where it gets tricky. You'll have to learn a bit of XML coding to place the Facade Static Icons in that spot.

However, Facade default (which I don't believe you can change) is to center the icons. Thus it'll ovewrite the Windows logo in the center. YOu'd have to rework the image to eliminate the Windows Logo.

If you can provide a link to the original download, or even upload your current background and XML, one of the designers can rework the image and XML file.
  5. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Why does it get tricky? You can simply use the Facade Settings application to replace the MRU with the Facade Launcher.

You can add many values to the launcher bar, e.g. padding-left="160", halign="right" or whatever you want. There are plenty possibilities there.

Those changes have to be done by hand though.
  6. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Oh, okay, thanks for the information. It seems like it'd be too much hassle then. Besides, I'm not entirely sure that its any faster to scroll down to the the bottom of the screen than it is to just go to the start menu. Thanks for the help though.
  7. eko

eko New Member

[​IMG]

heres an image you can use without the windows logo

find the mru section of the code and replace it with

and then you will have static icons also make sure your icons are set to small in the facade settings
  8. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Ahhh... You're right. I do tend to forget about the customizing ability from within Facade. Prosper is correct. There is an easy way to do it. My mistake.
  9. Giddaltti

Giddaltti New Member

I think I'm tryint to do the same thing or similar. When you say wrap does that mean to lock for example I want to be able to scroll through my schedule without loosing my weather info that's on top and keepng my email phone, charge connection info at locked at the bottom. I'd like to be able to scrool through my schedule.
  10. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

All u have to do is to scroll down to your 1st enrty of your schedule (highlight it), then use your right arrow key of your d-pad to scroll thru your schedule for 30 days or so, depending how you have it set up. The rest of your homescreen is not affected.
    Peace:smile:
  11. Giddaltti

Giddaltti New Member

I guess I was trying to get the same effect using the down arrow instead of the left. Nonetheless I didn't know you could use the left arrow to scroll. Thanks Doc. I'm off to read more.
  12. Giddaltti

Giddaltti New Member

I found this plug in within the tutorials which does exactly what I needed it to do. It let's you scroll through the text using the down and left arrow. With it your able to scroll through your calendar and the curser moves downward, very nice. Ptksl Appointments -- Displays multiple appointments by scrolling. Again I found this in the tutorial info.
  13. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Modified it to the way I want, and attached in case anyone else wants this. Required Facade, Orange.dll and FizzWeather.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. spork27

spork27 Member

The Q9m on Verizon also allows you to set a list of static programs instead of the MRU.
  15. omg its nate

omg its nate New Member

Awesome, I just need to add the program icons on the bottom. :laugh2: