WM6 Upgrade in hand: Do i jump?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by scubasteve, Apr 19, 2007.

1. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Thanks :) I drank too much, passed out in my chair, and woke up with a killer sunburn and a striper on my line LOL!! The drag screaming woke me up, he had more than half of my line out i think he was headed for mexico. 36 inches, yummy!!
  2. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

well that sux it didnt work. ive never heard of a rom update that could only be installed on a certain esn though. i dont get how theyd do that thatd mean an individual updater for EVERY single phone. seems like way too much work to be feasible. i believe someones pulling your chain that theyre gonna share it with you for yours.

word on the street now is that moto plans to release a "new" cdma Q with rev A and wm6, good luck with that moto when we just got the q 2 months ago. no ones gonna go out and drop another $450-500 for a new phone after buying the current one. ill be damned if im gonna, ill go pick up a HTC 6800 in a few weeks. i dont think ill ever buy another moto phone again after this horrible experience with them.

So far they gave us 2 year old batteries in new phones, a buggy Q that resets and locks up, and now forcing us to pay another $500 for a "new" model Q to have wm6 although they give it to BOTH GSM Q's (regular Q AND q9).
  3. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Man thats a bummer, I was hoping to hear some good news.
  4. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Yea me too. The only good news i got was my striper. I went fishing for beach bunnies too, but everything i caught was way below the legal limit and i had to toss em back.
  5. Stealth

Stealth New Member

Oh striper not stripper, here I thought you caught a beach bunny.
  6. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

haha typo lol
  7. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

The MPx200 WM5 upgrade was originally individually coded for each phone, and a different image was required for each phone flashed. While I doubt that's the case here, I would rule it out either. The MPx200 WM5 ROM was only for internal MS testing while the WM6 ROM is obviously available to some Sprint employees for testing. I agree it would be too much work to be feasible to code a different image for every phone in this case.
  8. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

yeh just seems like over the top for an OS upgrade to be tested in such a close-to-release version and for so many employees that prob have it. but EVEN if somehow it is by each phone, liek you said it can be done if scuba will share the file as on the mpx if we find the guy who did it for that phone.
  9. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

I wont know till he tells me what he finds out. I think its entirely possible for it to be phone specific, since sprint only wants certain ppl to use it
  10. MsRandall

MsRandall New Member

I am glad you didnt dog me, I am only a mod not an admin...I hope someone gets 6 WORKING, I would go for it
  11. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

any new news scuba from your buddy?
  12. ravic

ravic New Member

Even if it is made for a specific ESNs we can find a way to load it to the other devices. Usually you can extract the rom portion out of it and use motorola tools to upgrade the ROM.

The feature i am looking forward to in WM6 is the HTML email tool. current one cannot render html formatted email. it just shows the html
  13. brada55306

brada55306 New Member

Someone test this :)
  14. ravic

ravic New Member

Scubasteve,

Can you post some details on what type of files you have ? Are they SDF files? If so there are other utilties you can use to upgrade.

If sprint is not going to release an official WM6, we should find a way to do it ourself.
  15. Stealth

Stealth New Member

I think scuba steve went awol?
  16. Primus

Primus New Member

He probably got picked up by guys in a black SUV.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you saw the thread about him considering getting another phone right ?...
  18. Stealth

Stealth New Member

no... which one??
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

20. Stealth

Stealth New Member