WM6 Upgrade in hand: Do i jump?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by scubasteve, Apr 19, 2007.

1. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

I dont think it will work, but i have to wait on will to get my copy working so why not play with it :)
  2. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I just checked and it did upload. Let me know if I need to do it again
  3. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Download just finished, brb
  4. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Error 120: Country ID Error

The ROM image you are trying to use is not designed to work on your device. Please check the vendor website and download the correct ROM update
  5. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

CRAP! Well we tried.
  6. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Hopefully my friend can get mine to take, i dont know wtf the problem is.
  7. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

well like i said id take a look at the file discretely and not share it without your permission, but like i said up to you my man. but also he might have just zipped it up wrong too.

anyways if you see him today or tomm and get it working, are you going to post it up?
  8. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Absolutely. Like i said i cant share it, but if i get it working were going to have a party in this thread, no doubt lol. Hes not coming down till tomm.
  9. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

cool, will be looking forward to hearing tomm about it. For sure theres no point until its working anyways.

does you cant share it mean till its working properly, or ever? Thought you said youd leak t once you got it up and gong?
  10. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

it depends on my friend. He works for sprint and thats why he has it. My fear is that if i leak it (believe me, im tempted) it could have adverse or negative affects on its becoming officially available from sprint.
  11. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

I'm wondering if maybe they did the same thing with the WM6 ROM on the Q as the WM5 ROM on the MPx200. The problem with it when it was initially leaked was that each individual ROM image was coded for a specific phone, identified by it's IMEI. If your phone didn't have that IMEI, you couldn't flash the ROM. It took a lot of work from some very good coders to break it down and make it so you could flash it to any MPx200. I wonder if Moto did something similar here, and it's not flashing to your phone because it isn't coded for it. I doubt that's the problem, but it's not impossible either.
  12. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

His phone is sprint-issued. He installed the WM6 himself but the ROM came from sprint/moto also, so i would have to say its possible. I'll be pissed if i have to try and crack it lol.
  13. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

doubt itll make it harder to be official, a lot of stuff leaks these days. plus not like theyll know from who that he'll get in trouble.
  14. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Anyone here (well most) would tell you im the first to pirate something and the first to share it, but im undecided over this one.
  15. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

totally up to you. just dont think your friend could possibly get in trouble as no one knows who they are. and i seriously doubt itd prevent sprint from releasing it if a few people have it theyre not gonna waste all the money and time they spent over a few people having it early. heck the 6700 aku 3.5 is floating around all over the web now
  16. itzhobbes

itzhobbes New Member

totally understandable. but if sprint decides not to make an official release,you'll be the only one that can possibly bring wm6 to the masses. but i wonder, once wm6 is mainstream won't software makers only produce software for wm6? plus i' posting this from my pne this is so cool!
  17. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

If sprint/verizon/etc says no to an upgrade, having it on your phone would only cause issues later on. Such as support, repairs, replacements, etc.
  18. itzhobbes

itzhobbes New Member

well i recently joined this forum and you seem to be one of the people here that always tries to help out. good luck and lets hope we get an official release.
  19. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

exactly the other reason im working on a WM5 rom we can just re-flash onto our phone to make them back to out of box with WM5. I already have my rom on my computer in a .bin file. just the part now to put it into a "loader" that you can hook up your phone and load back on. Hoping some ppl over at xda will help me out but no ones responded yet since i posted it.

I for one would give up swaps/repairs to have WM6 as i never have problems with my phones that ive have to bring them in. But like i said by the time you hopefully decide to share it well have a wm5 rom ready to flash back to. Anyone good with that kinda coding/programming wanna help with this?
  20. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

I wouldn't completely count that out. The MPx200 never released ANY ROM updates. Yet I know of people, myself included, who were able to get repairs/replacements with WM2003 or generic ROM 2002 flashed to the phone. The short of it is they really don't check (at least very thoroughly), at least at Moto. I bet if you took it in store to get support you would have a problem. I have no doubt that a working WM5 ROM would be available to flash back to though.