WM6 Upgrade in hand: Do i jump?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by scubasteve, Apr 19, 2007.

1. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Thanks guys, when u figure the rom trick let me know. I have been playing with it for a few hours but its not wanting to install. I'm playing with some stuff my buddy said my help but if i cant get it he offered to take it to work and do it for me.
  2. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

wht exactly isnt working about it, how far do you get, etc?
  3. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

It says that it connected to the phone, and its updating and then locks up and the phone shuts off, but doesnt brick.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

so its really isnt allowing you to update? does that mean you cant get back to wm5.0?
  5. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

its still on WM5 it never gets far enough to change anything. He said he had the issue but he is trying to remember how he fixed it. Something about dates or something i dunno lol
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

sorry to hear it is not yet working out.. keep going at it and like you already do keep us posted, plz.
  7. n99hockey

well atleast you still have a working device...keep us updated!
  8. slimsakus

slimsakus New Member

Can't wait to hear more back on this....I am a new user from sprintusers site. There is a wealth of information on this site. Kudos.
  9. n99hockey

welcome aboard!!!
  10. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Yea this site rocks. i got banned from SU over some DUMB crap so i ended up here lol.
  11. n99hockey

banned!?
    now who would want to ban you!?
  12. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

SU is the only site i have ever been banned from. And honestly EQ and SU are the only forums i havent been offered a staff spot on LOL. I sold a friends 9000 for him to a member on SU. Long story short when he got it he claimed it was missing stuff from the box (it wasnt) and that the screen was scratched. I gave all the pictures to paypal and SU.

Paypal told him to get a life (as did i) and SU told me i was wrong and booted me. Whatever lol. I have a perfect history on multiple forums, ebay, etc and they didnt care. One of the mods there is also a member here, she was very helpful. But like i said, it happens.
  13. slimsakus

slimsakus New Member

Your screen name seemed really familiar scubasteve, I think I remember what you are talking about. Pretty lame to get banned from someone else's problem. O well...

Thanks for the welcome.
  14. scubasteve

scubasteve New Member

Yea i started as Slave2daShack. I was on there for a while.
  15. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I was keeping quite about it... but I have had a copy of WM6 for a while. I just dont wanna try and install it and it screws up my Q. My first Q was a piece of crap, but this one is working well adn I dont wanna chance it. ONLY IF Chris is ok with it will I give it out. As long as you know that if it screws up your device, EQ HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! ITS YOUR PROBLEM!

Chris you give me the go ahead if it is ok.
  16. smeg36

smeg36 New Member

Is it a Motorola Q specific WM6? There are some different WM6 ROMs, but only the Q specific ROM will work on the Q. I wouldn't want anyone bricking their phone flashing just any WM6 ROM.
  17. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

What you guys do outside of the board, is entirely up to you. I would ask that we do not create a thread asking for WM6. I'd like to avoid hearing from Microsoft's lawyers... or any lawyers for that matter.:laugh2:

That being said, count me among those anxious to see scubasteve's progress.

-Chris
  18. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

yeh shaun are you 100% SURE its a sprint Q WM6 rom, thats the ONLY one that will ever work on our phones....

Now if so, you can email me a copy of it and ill take the rom apart on my computer BEFORE we brick our phones and make sure its the correct one. That way we know what it is before anyone destroys their Q.
  19. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

To be honest with you, I'm not sure. When I trying to DL a torrent from the site I used WM6 was in the file folder. 2 folders - 1 Crossbow & 1 WM6PreRelease. Dont know if it will work or not, to be honest. I've been sitting on it for 3weeks now.
  20. klurf8881

klurf8881 New Member

ok well ill let you know in a few what it is. If its off a torrent, its HIGHLY unlikely its a Sprint Q rom, but ill check it for ya

maybe scuba can chime in with some help too since he has the real one, file name/size would help a lot. Also scuba, my offer to look at your file is still on the table if you need some help getting it working