WM6 IMSMS - Instant Messaging SMS - Support Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by IMSMS, Nov 8, 2007.

1. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Hi,

Very sorry for the confusion - the build revision number was mixed up (wrong build was posted) - those who have downloaded Build 1.0.725, I apologize - please install Build 1.0.727 instead.

If you encounter any problems, please let me know.

Thank you!
    ---DSO
  2. sulster

sulster Active Member

So, does this work? anyone got it going on a MOL3 Q?
  3. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

It should work for ALL MOL updates regardless - reason being IMSMS Version 1.0.727 uses a modify API that corrects incorrect text issues when using Verizon/Sprint networks.

You may want to check if it's ok for AT&T and other's - the Moto Q builds are strictly for Motorola Q phones - don't use the WM6 Smartphone/PPC editions for your Q.

Thanks,
    DSO
  4. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Gotcha.......
  5. sulster

sulster Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I am running a silver Moto Q MOL3 with NET 2 Framework on Verizon. I downloaded your application, or at least the one I thought I was supposed to download. I tried to text someone and they only got the first letter. It's clear that you have put a lot of time into this project, and I commend you for that. However, I did want to let you know that it didn't work for me.
  6. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Hi,

I've gotten many feedback with other Moto Q users - the text sending is indeed functioning properly - no text is truncated (both sending and receiving is fine from Verizon -> Tmobile (although Verizon texting to Tmobile is delayed (network delays)).

Which network are you sending to? Tests on Verizon Moto Q sending to self (as a sample test) works 100%.

Thanks,
    DSO
  7. sulster

sulster Active Member

Verizon...
  8. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

HI,

I'd like to share some info in regards to IMSMS Version 1.0.727 for the Q platform. The reason why this version is almost guaranteed to send messages properly without message truncating or '@' symbols (sprint network) is because internally there is a fix to stop this from happening on the Q devices.

Simply put, it's almost guaranteed no characters will be truncated no matter which network you use.

For Verizon network, depending on how your device interprets each 2-byte character (little endian/big endian), Verizon will drop entire message your message if it is in big endian format. It will truncate if it is in little endian format. Sprint users get a break - they will receive the full text however they will also receive '@' to replace the null values in the character stream.

IMSMS uses a very different approach to solve these character encoding issues on the Moto Q. There is a trivial way to solve these issues since it is simply encoding issues and but with different networks, you just have to be aware of how each network handles the message stream.

Non moto Q platforms do not have any of these issues - it is only with the Motorola Q hardware that encounters these strange issues when using pocket outlook to send/receive.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

---DSO

PS - all characters are encoded into Unicode byte streams - it is this reason why other threaded SMS applications fail when attempting to send messages on networks such as Verizon/Sprint when using the Moto Q. There is no definitive answer to WHY this is happening but regardless, this issue is easily remedied.
  9. sulster

sulster Active Member

Um. I am confused. I am NOT able to send texts on a MOL3 Moto Q on the Verizon network that are not truncated.
  10. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

There are a few files IMSMS generates as logs/debug information on all platforms; so I can walk you through your case if you'd like.

---DSO
  11. MattB

MattB New Member

I seem to be receiving messages fine, but I've sent myself several tests and havent received any of them.
  12. sulster

sulster Active Member

Thanks for the offer. Before I go that route, though, can you tell me that you have successfully gotten a Q MOL3 on Verizon to send non-truncated messages to someone other than themselves?
  13. warriorfiend

warriorfiend New Member

I installed the 1.0.727 on my Motorola Q9C with Sprint and outgoing messages are dropping characters. I would like to work with you to get this resolved with teh Q9C. Perhaps I did something wrong installing it. I previously had the 1.0.725 (also had the dropping character problem), and I believe I cleaned it up as best as I could.

Dave
  14. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Sending to yourself is the same as sending to someone else on the same network - there is no difference - if you are still dropping characters, then it may be just your specific moto Q device and or your recipients Q. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to work on the Q - since I have been getting almost no consistent feedback in this forum vs. my email contacts.
  15. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Hi,

If you wish to receive any support for the Moto Q IMSMS, please visit the home site and there will be a link to a moto Q specific forum. I'm sorry but I don't have the time to provide any support for the Moto Q's here.

Thank you for your interest and support,
    DSO
  16. StuntThug

StuntThug New Member

OZ Instant Messaging

Is there a place that I can find OZ Instant Messaging for my Moto Q using WM5?
  17. ddosservis

ddosservis New Member

Предлагаю DDOS servis. З

Предлагаю DDOS servis. Завали ваших конкурентов.
    Ликвидирую сайты ваших конкурентов. Если вы хотите чтобы ваш конкурент не работал обращайтесь к нам положим абсолютно любые сайты. Это поможет вам поднять свою прибыль.

Делаем тест 10 минут.

Цена от 70$ за сутки на простые сайты.

На неделю и месяц хорошие скидки.

Оплата: webmoney, Liberty Reserve

email: VincentCallahanHT@gmail.com
  18. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Guessing this ^ is not good.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

anyone speak russian?:dft011:tounge_out