WM6 IMSMS - Instant Messaging SMS - Support Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by IMSMS, Nov 8, 2007.

1. MattB

MattB New Member

Hey IMSMS there are only 4 files in my IMSMS folder. There are 2 Dll's the readme and the .exe.
  2. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

MattB,

You case is interesting - I've had some MOTO Q users respond that the application will start up and run fine - but sending out still mixes strange characters at the receiving end.

I've emailed you personally - I'll be back later on - but in the mean time, I post up a previous build - it has some save data issues - I only recommend it to be used in your case to see if you can start IMSMS.

It will be posted on the site - under the release notes/download section - and will be build: 1.0.101 (initial 1.0 release)

Let me know your feedback please,
    DSO
  3. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Actually, MattB, here is your link to download:

Test only - delete it after it works for you (that is IF it starts for you):
    Link Removed
  4. MattB

MattB New Member

Still wont start up. I appreciate you're help with this because its driving me nuts. Could it be conflicting with any other software?
  5. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Very sorry to hear that - it could be anything - I don't know for sure - some of my moto Q testers are reporting everything is fine except for the sending with some ?? strange characters on the receiving end.

Have you tried a restart? If you have, I recommend you just uninstall the application and then install it when I have some new updates - not worth wasting your time and getting frustrated - I will update - and I work quite fast - so just hang in there :)

---DSO
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Rude.... I'm cool :) I was just misunderstood. Later dude...

P.S. You should feel honored to see that users are dedicating new posts in an effort to get you to clear your inbox....lol
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, i am cool also buddy.

ps. i know.... didn't you request me to cleanup a while ago ? :}
  8. csmguitarman

csmguitarman New Member

i get an error that says my Microsoft NET frame work is not compatible
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so update it... either through the Windows Mobile web site or go to Scott's page, he has it on-line also: http://www.scottschrob.com/Q/apps.htm
  10. MattB

MattB New Member

Hey IMSMS any update?
  11. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

HI,

I have just compiled a very specific Moto Q9H WM6 version - it is available for download for testing only - at the IMSMS home site:
    http://dsosoftware07.googlepages.com/imsms-instantmessagingsms

Please download at your convenience - this version is using a modified API to send out the messages - I will require feedback in order to ensure the message is sent properly (I will be making some adjustments when I receive feedback) - please send a test message to yourself first as a test.

This version will expire 11/18/2007.

Thank you,
    DSO
  12. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

I forgot to mention - this test version is used to test the sent message - so send yourself a test message and see if you receive the full message - if not, let me know if you are still sending @ characters inbetween the message characters - like:

t@e@s@t

of that sort - or if your message is being truncated:

te

rather than the full "test" message.

Thank you,
    DSO

PS - don't focus too much on the features of IMSMS - you can always see the online tutorial/FAQ for guidance - this version is set to auto expire by 11/18/2007 - so I will recompile a real version if this test is successful.
  13. 1c3phr34q

1c3phr34q New Member

I know this is a Q9h specific build and is made for WM6, but I decided to see if I could get it to install on my WM5 Q. I got the same result with this build as the previous WM5 specific build, and that was a "Notify Microsoft" error screen.
  14. rlcardenas

rlcardenas New Member

So are we saying this application work on the Moto Q VM5 with MOL3? Man I cant wait, comming from a treo this has been a bit dissapointing.
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it might... for sure eXtreme Text works on the Q1.
  16. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Moto Q (all versions) Released!

Verison 1.0.726: Fully supports sending/receiving on Motorola Q platform (windows mobile 5 and Windows mobile 6).

I was finally able to secure a hardware version of the Moto Q for full development and I have been testing and testing - which I have
    currently tested using Windows Mobile 5, Verizon Motorola Q.

You can now send and receive - without message truncation AND you can send MULTIPLE messages WITHOUT network support - multiple messages (greater than 160SMS characters may not be supported on every network system) - IMSMS will auto send each part if necessary.

Prior to Version 1.0.726, Verizon users would get message truncation: such as when sending a text message: "Test", the recipient would receive just the "T". Sending to own Verizon network recipients results in message being truncated - however, sending to OTHER networks such as TMobile, the TMobile recipient would not even receive the message(s). Also sending from messages on SPRINT network would result in: "@T@E@S@T".

IMSMS Version 1.0.726 will fully support sending messages on these networks and fully works where other sms threading software doesn't.

Give it a try - please review the RELEASE NOTES and other content on the home site - THERE HAS BEEN MANY GREAT additions since 1.0.300 (when I last posted here).

Let me know if you encounter any problems. :) Cheers!
    ---DSO

PS - be sure to RESTART your phone after you do a clean install/update always. You will rid some UI quirkiness when dealing with software updates. If you start to witness strange graphical glitches, just shutdown and restart - after that, you won't have a problem.
  17. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Great,

I have been waiting to try this...

However, your post was a bit misleading -- you said:

"Verizon users would get message truncation: such as when sending a text message: "Test", the recipient would receive just the "T". Sending to own Verizon network recipients results in message being truncated - however, sending to OTHER networks such as TMobile doesn't not even send properly. Sending from SPRINT network would result in: "@T@E@S@T"."

I assume that the above statement is refering to the OLD version -- correct?

Thanks,
    Matt!
  18. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Version 1.0.726 WORKS PERIOD. :)
    Hope this statement makes it crystal clear :)
    ---DSO

19. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hello....

Yep, I know -- I installed it 4 seconds after you posted this. I just wanted to help clarify for other users...

Thanks again,

Matt
  20. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Just a side note for all you Windows Mobile 5 users:

You currently do not have custom sounds - unlike windows mobile 6 users - there have been functioning code removed for this particular version due to Windows Mobile 5 compatibility issues. But you retain everything else (vibrations, sounds ,etc.)

I'd like for you to try out 1.0.726 first - (all Windows Mobile 5 users) because it affects you the most (internal changes to ensure overall user interface smoothness). windows Mobile 6 users have it all.

Thanks for all your patience - it took me a long while to obtain a good condition Moto Q to actually run some API tests - and Version 1.0.726 will work as advertised - if not, I will amend asap.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
    ---DSO