WM6 IMSMS - Instant Messaging SMS - Support Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by IMSMS, Nov 8, 2007.

1. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

WM6 IMSMS - Instant Messaging SMS - Support Thread

Hi,

If you wish to receive any support for the Moto Q IMSMS, please visit the home site and there will be a link to a moto Q specific forum. I'm sorry but I don't have the time to provide any support for the Moto Q's here.

Thank you for your interest and support,
    DSO
  2. MattB

MattB New Member

Thanks for joining, do you have any clue why i cant get the program to run?
  3. cheri

cheri Active Member

Well thanx for showing up. I havent dl'd it yet I know some have been so stay tuned im sure there will be questions.
  4. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hello...

Great app! However, those of us using the last few firmware updates for the Q, are not able to successfully send messages with your program. The recipient will get random letters, or just the first letter of the message. This is a know issue with some SMS programs for the Q's that use the updated firmware (MOL 3 and MOL 4). Solve that problem, and I guarantee you will have a ton of followers!

Thanks,
    Matt!
  5. MattB

MattB New Member

Killer Q, what programs do you have running? I have STK, Facade, and Fizz weather running and I can not get this program to run.
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

It works no matter what I have running - from what I can tell. I have Keylock, Right Menu, and Newsbreak.

Try unsintalling the sms program, then reset, then stop everything from running (kill all tasks), then install the SMS program, then reset again -- then kill all apps -- then try and run... that will give us some clues....

Matt!
  7. MattB

MattB New Member

Same thing, I exited STK and ended all tasks. This is driving me nuts. At first I kind of blew it off thinking it just didnt work on the Q, then you posted that you had it running and now its making me crazy.
  8. MattB

MattB New Member

Now I changed the background so Facade and Fizz are not running, restarted the phone and it still wont work. Arggggggggggg
  9. KOOLWATER

KOOLWATER New Member

By the title of the thread... I assume that this app was really meant for WM6???
  10. MattB

MattB New Member

There's also a version for WM5. I'm actually going to download the one for WM6 now and try that though.
  11. MattB

MattB New Member

No go for that either.
  12. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

13. MattB

MattB New Member

Yeah like 5 times. Arggg what the hell is going on here.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no offense but i heard this before... oh i know, when we "leaked" that Birdsoft was working on a sms threader :}
  15. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey...

Offense kinda taken... All I was saying, is that the key to get people to try his software, is to get it to work properly. I was just telling him the major setback...

Matt
  16. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

Hi Everyone :)

I'll be off and on checking the messages/forums to help answer questions - I just finished compiling another update for Smartphones/PPC users - it's version 1.0.410.

I have halted the updates for the Q in the mean time because I am going to get this to work flawlessly as it does on all other platforms at the moment (well, at least many users are reporting no troubles on HTC platforms, etc).

I will work with some of you directly if you don't mind - software development is always prone to problems - but you have to understand and have patience because you are trying to write a program that is going to work for all hardware platforms that run Windows Mobile - there are always bound to be issues - this is just the nature of programming.

I'll try my best to answer your questions - in the mean time let me explain:

The builds for IMSMS are compiled to target your specific device. I have obtained the sdk directly from Motorola development site - but as for testing on actual hardware, I don't have a Q to test on physically - but I run thru emulation - it can only be tested to that extent for me.

If the application is failing on you, simply send me the EngError.txt file. It is written out by the engine of IMSMS - it's located in your \Program Files\IMSMS\EngError.txt (wherever you installed IMSMS).

You will see a file generated every time IMSMS starts/shutdown.

Let's start with that for now- There hasn't been any issues I couldn't resolve so far - so if you can help me run thru some of the troubles, it will help me greatly to trace the exact issue(s).

IMSMS will not interfere with your default INBOX (outlook inbox). All messages will be written to a RAW history log as well - before IMSMS does any processing on the message - this is to ensure that your message is safe. There's nothing that IMSMS does to interfere with your phone's interface either - all the components are built in components and because of that, it's fairly safe to assume there's nothing IMSMS does that can harm your phone.

I'll be back again - send me your EngError.txt file - so we can figure this out :)

Thank you!
    ---DSO
  17. IMSMS

IMSMS New Member

PS - I am not in competition with any other PAID software - in order to be in competition, I feel you have to get PAID for your work - IMSMS is FREE. YOu are free to use whatever program is out there - but I feel buying a WM phone is already expensive enough - I feel you deserve at least a great program that offers you a ton of features for free. That's my broken philosophy - and the fact that I do not expect you to pay for "testing" software - or adding new features - why should you?

Again, please do not take any offense - I'm here to share a gift to those who like to use something original and different - IMSMS was never designed to "copy" any other threading sms software either.

Thanks,
    DSO
  18. MattB

MattB New Member

There is no error file in mine. It never even starts up.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

<hehe..> ok, well you may or may not know my policy on political correctness.. i don't do it, so if you are offended, not really my problem :} anyway.. Brian (Birdsoft) tries for sure to do the same thing, that is why he's on here pretty often to support and listen to suggestions.. but as IMSMS said, this is not/and should not be a competition..

everybody can/will use what they like best... and lets no create "tension", a'right buddy :}
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no sweat dude... i believe there is plenty of room for 2 (or even more) of the same apps in the Smartphone world... users will choose what they like best and like i said there's should be no reason for tensions or whatever... as you may have noticed this is a pretty relaxed place and we would like to keep it that way.

ps. welcome aboard...