WM6 Homescreens - What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by KillerQ, Dec 25, 2007.

1. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

WM6 Homescreens - What's the difference?

Hey all,

I recently upgraded to a Q9c, and noticed that there have been some "WM6 Homescreens" floating around on here. What exactly is the difference between a WM5 homescreen and a WM6 homesceen?

The main reason that I ask is that Facade, which I have used for months, is lagging, and It's starting to bug me. When ever I hit START, or the texting button, or any other app directly from the homescreen, the lag is horrible. It takes almost 6 seconds for the text menu to come up.... If I switch to a non-facade homescreen, the text window pops up instantly!

I liked having several days of appointments on there, but am willing to sacrifice that for speed... Also, the built-in (customizable) icon bar in WM6 takes place of much of the functionality that I used facade for.

Also, when I go to or from the facade homescreen -- the transition to the new app (or back to the homescreen) is extremely choppy -- part of the screen goes away, then the next part, and the next part -- etc...) Annoying!

In addition, I clean my !Q9c regularly, all apps, are on the SD card (except facade) - So I have no idea why the lag exists... (as you know, I am not the first to experience this).

Thanks,

Matt!
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

6 wholes seconds!!??!! OMG (jk)

there is no difference
  3. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Head over to SBSH forums, post in the Facade section and Todd will surely send you a test version soon which will fix the problem.

That's what you wanted to do, didn't you?
  4. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Killer, did you get that "test version" and did it fix the lag problem? I have WM6 on my Moto Q9h Global and running Facade on my homescreen so if there's an update out there I'd like to know if it helped and maybe I should get it too.

Thanks!
    MaRiA
  5. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

There are some differences in the wm6 directory structure which means some WM5 home screens that make direct program link references will need to be edited.
  6. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Not at all. The directories are similiar. There are differences between WM2003 and WM5/6, but WM5 and WM6 use the same structure.
  7. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

I think this may be too vast a subject to make a definitive declaration on. I had WM5 on my Samsung Blackjack before switching. The directory structure for where certain applications were located is very different from where they are located on my Q 9h from the same provider which is running WM6. I think the best way to be sure is to view the hidden files per device and then see how the programs are laid out. The core Windows directory is largely the same, but where things are placed within that are different. It varies by manufacturer, device, and version of WM
  8. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Of course the system programs are in different places (since it's another OS, huh?). Especially the Moto & Samsung devices use some very appropriate locations for the system programs. But the main structure is the same.

For example, WM2003 used to have \Storage\Application Data\Home\, WM5 and 6 are using \Application Data\Home\. Everything that was in \Storage\... on WM2003 is just on the main device memory on WM5 and 6. Programs weren't installed to \Program Files\ like it is with WM5 and 6, they were installed to \Storage\Program Files\. So, 3rd party programs had a different path all together (which shouldn't be the case on WM5 and 6 - they both use \Program Files\).

You know what I mean? Hope this clarifies a bit what I mean.
  9. Joneyee

Joneyee New Member

We are on the same page, just using different words. So what he said.