WM6.1 upgrade not complete - several issues

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by melblank, Jul 2, 2008.

1. melblank

melblank New Member

WM6.1 upgrade not complete - several issues

Sorry but I have been all over and haven't seen my issue. I'm no where near a pro on this kind of stuff either. I decided today, after a lot of reading, to do the upgrade. So, I backed up on Dashwire and Sprite then downloaded the upgrade to my PC and started it. I selected to Save Personal Information. Once it started to Restore personal information, I received an error. Not a very helpful one, just told me an error occurred so basically disconnect and reconnect. The error on my phone said "We're sorry a problem has occurred with rapicInt." I disconnected many times, restarted my PC and my phone and it still hasn't worked. So, I figured that if that is all that is left, I'll just get that from Sprite anyway. Well, the restore option is not enabled on Sprite. Active Synch was not working either so I deleted the partnership, didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I can't even figure out how to set up the partnership again! The wizard didn't automatically start and I can't find it manually. So after about 5 hours of messing around here, I give up and am going to bed. I'd love to get everything working in the morning. Right now it doesn't do a lot of good since I have 6.1 but nothing else. Sorry for the long story and I'm sure I probably messed something up with all that I did, but I was trying. That will teach me! :wink:
  2. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

I had this same error while updating my Q9c, I was plugged into a USB hub and that's what was causing the issue for me.

I would say that its time for a master reset. Turn the phone off and while its turning back on. Hold down the center buttong on the D-pad. Once you've updated to 6.1 it will still be there.
  3. melblank

melblank New Member

Thanks cirruslyloud! I never thought of that! So I did it and it all looked good however, even after the restore was complete, I still don't have anything on my phone... contacts, email, apps, etc.

Any further ideas? I too am connected via usb cable.
  4. dashwire

dashwire New Member

If you did back-up with Dashwire then install the mobile client onto your phone again (m.dashwire.com) and sync back. This should at least restore your original contacts and phone settings
  5. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

This is what I was going to suggest. My fix was solely to get the phone operable again. From there you'll have to re install apps/games and contacts if you can't get your backup to sync back. Good luck.