WM6.1 update for Rogers?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by ronaldogreen, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ronaldogreen

ronaldogreen New Member

WM6.1 update for Rogers?

Hey guys, I have a Q9H from Rogers up in Canada. When I went to update to 6.1 it says that my phone already has the update, however I don't have any access to this new home screen. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

because Rogers did not release any updates for WM6.1 for your Q9h
  3. LttlScamp

LttlScamp New Member

You can use the WM 6.1 ROMs over at http://motomoddinguk.info/showthread.php?t=2163. Just follow the instructions.

I flashed my Fido Q9h with the unlocked AT&T ROM.
  4. Bikerbob

Bikerbob New Member

Anyone have a link for a location to find an Unlocked 6.1 that I can use to update my Rogers q9h.

Rogers has officially discontinued the q9h in the lineup btw. Got one 2 days ago(new one - already had one) at a store.. only way to get one.

Oh well..

James
  5. Bikerbob

Bikerbob New Member

ok I managed to find the rom.

SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01.09.28R_MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_04_USNORMANATT02NAR2W611A005-ATT_1719931436

I put this on my old phone, and it updated just fine. WM 6.1 looks pretty sweet. Now the phone looks like it has a number of ATT things on it. but I am to understand that it is not locked to ATT with the above file.

My question to anyone reading.. is there any backup program that DOES allow a migration from 6.0 to 6.1??
    I have Sprite backup? will that work?

james
  6. Bikerbob

Bikerbob New Member

WOW.. still activity on this forum.. but no replies.

If you have done the 6.1 update, can you get back to me if your willing to answer some questions?

Will RDS lite allow you to backup a current rom?

What is boot-loder.com? I seem firmware on there.. is this only for the repair shop?

I have att 6.1 on my backupphone.. I like it.. but I cannot get several things working, because of settings I am sure, also all txt messages coming into me are 4hours behind in time stamping.. they show up right away but the time stamp is incorrect.???

I have sourced some information for this.. if anyone is interested in that.. let me know. I have found registry editing info to remove a lot of the AT&T stuff.

HOpe there is still some interest in this topic.. I would very much like to talk about this with some people..

James