WM6.1 Sliding Panels Homescreen Thread

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rainmakerrc, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Falconone

Falconone New Member

dunno, upgraded to 6.1 installed fizz weather then the configurator now fizz launches in addition to what I select from the sliding panel doesn't matter what I select
  2. showaco

showaco New Member

do you have fizz where iconbar would normally be? If you place another plugin there, when you choose a sliding panel option, lots of the time the top plugin is highlighted to, causing both to launch. Are you not using the fizz plugin?
  3. Falconone

Falconone New Member

I couldn't get the plugin to work with the sliding panel so I put in the exe file as a selectable slide using the configurator
  4. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Here is what is going on maybe. you did get the plugin to work. since the sliders are designed to take up the entire screen, it is underneath them and you can't see it. I did the samething with the google search bar. when you click on the panel, it also clicks what is under them. my problem was, when I click, the web opened. drove me crazy.
  5. showaco

showaco New Member

yeah , thats what it sounds like. If you want just a weather you can put as a link in your panel, you should check out Weather Watcher Mobile. Works well and has lots of data available.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

maybe, remove the plugin you said you added.
  7. Falconone

Falconone New Member

did that fixed the problem, so I'm guessing there's no way to add plugins to default sliding home screens?
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

nope. I did it with google, but you have to remove the icon bar and make it the same hight as that. this is one of the reasons I don't use sliders any more.
  9. zelendel

zelendel Member

Crazykay

Here is the zip file you requested. If you could I would Like the bars to be blue

Attached Files:

10. crazykay

crazykay New Member

Ok here it is. I dont have time to test it for you but hopefully it works for you.. Place New XML file and bars folder into Application data/ home folder on q.. The go to homescreen settings and select SP Weather SM as your new HS and it should work for you..

Attached Files:

11. zelendel

zelendel Member

THANX!!!!! You are the man/woman. Ill Give you an update on sinstall
  12. crazykay

crazykay New Member

That would be woman!! And give us a Screenshot when you get it done if you could!

Screenshot Program found here!
  13. zelendel

zelendel Member

Copied Both the right folders but still have the default bat and signal bars. Was there anything else I was supposed to do? Like in Facade or anything?
  14. zelendel

zelendel Member

*Update* I should have paid a little closer attention. I needed smart monitor and it worked like a charm!! I did have to go into Facade and uncheck sp icon bar but after that no probs. will post screen shot once it is done. Thanx again Crazykay my they praise you from the halls of Odin
  15. crazykay

crazykay New Member

I took out the iconbar plugin from the xml when I edited it for you. the reason it was still there is because as far as I know façade still doesn't work with 6.1 so its actually running in the background of your sliding panels.. this is my guess anyways.. someone jump in here and correct me if im wrong.
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

yes? correct
  17. zelendel

zelendel Member

so facade does not work with the panels on 6.1? Well thats ok, if I ever change from the sliding panels then I will still have one hell of a program to set up my home screen
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I should say, it will work, but you can only change the very top plugin were the icon bar is, but it has to be the same hight as the original icon bar. the chome plugin in façade looks like the original one on mine.
  19. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I dunno if this is the right section for this but here goes....
    I've created a "utilities" panel and I've included free up ram and auto clean from sktools but whenever I select either of them from the panel I get the message that "sktstart.exe could not be found.
    What gives??? How can I fix this?
  20. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Nutty Question...

Is there a way to dock the last panel?
    If I could dock the CHome panel first then the CClock panel last my homescreen would be almost perfect.