WM6.1 Sliding Panels Homescreen Thread

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rainmakerrc, Jun 6, 2008.

1. JMak

JMak New Member

CrazyKay, thanks. That file worked just right.

2 issues:

a) Freddy Reyes Black Theme - I can't dl the sucker. When I click on the .cab file while on my Qc9 the phone sports an error message indicating that the phone can't read the file. When I click on it from my desktop pc it dl's right to the end and then an error message about failing a scan.

Any ideas?

b) I have been unsuccessful in getting a sliding panel page ActionURL to point to the SD card or a Photos folder on the SD card. I tried using \Storage Card\Photos for my pics folder but that didn't work and I used "\Storage Card\Photos but that didn't work either.

Anyone been able to do this via CHome Config.?

Oh, one more thing...dafoxs posted a .jpg file here for a carbon fibre-like background, but I don't know what to do with it. How/What do I do to use it as my background for the home screen?

Thanks, again, for all of your help...
  2. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Not sure about the Freddy Reyes theme but I don't think it's made for the q9 resolution.

As for the sliding panel, my photos are in the folder \Storage Card\DCIM\ and it autodetects that in the photo panel.

And the background you should be able to set in settings>homescreen>background image
  3. JMak

JMak New Member

Autodetects on the photo panel, eh? I'll try that. I had created a new panel in chome config and a page for photos. I'll try the cphoto panel.

On the background...do I save the background jpg I have into the windows folder? Is that it? Seems too simple.
  4. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Save it to \Application Data\Home\
  5. JMak

JMak New Member

Does it then show up in the Settings\Home Screen menu? Thanks for the help so far.
  6. robotphood

robotphood New Member

Yeah it should show up as a possible background.
  7. JMak

JMak New Member

Where can I find the instructions to keep the clock at the top of the screen once I scroll down into the other panels? The one that minimizes the cclock panel and stcisk at the top of the HS?

Thanks in advance.
  8. robotphood

robotphood New Member

You can "dock" the clock panel in CHome Configurator. Menu>Panel>Dock First Panel.
  9. JMak

JMak New Member

I'm using NRG MiniWeather. I have Dock First Panel checked in CHomeConfig. But it's not sticking at the top of the HS.

I was hoping to get the .cpr modification. I think I remember doing it this way before, but I forgot the mod.
  10. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

@JMak, there's a registry edit for it posted in either this thread or in the thread where ppl posted their 6.1 homescreens.
  11. JMak

JMak New Member

Found it in the post your hs thread on page 9. Didn't work for me. The registry setting was already changed to 1. The setting in CHome is set to dock.

Not sure what the issue is.

I have seen some task bars that have the time on in the center...I have ecko's black bar installed cirrently. Know where I can get the black bar with the time in the middle?
  12. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Smart Toolkit puts a clock on the center of the taskbar.
  13. JMak

JMak New Member

What is the current version of smarttoolkit? Googling it only brings up 2007 dates.

Thanks, Rain for all the help.
  14. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

Current version does not matter. You'll only want to use the RC08 version.

I think Rainmakerrc has a link to it on his apps page... ? rain???

15. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Current version is RC09, but most of us are using RC08 with the tweaks mentioned by DrQ and listed on my apps page.
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

the phraze, "Dock the panel" is a little missleading. it doesnt lock the panel in one place, it docks the info up top, most of the time it is in smaller font.
  17. Falconone

Falconone New Member

anyone have problems with chome configurator running unwanted programs on stratup or starting a program when another starts?

when I power mine up, the instant messenger automatically loads and when I check my hotmail through messages, fizz weather starts up as well.
  18. crazykay

crazykay New Member

you can disable IM from starting up under your setting in the IM progrsm. as far as fizz goes I have no idea.. What version of Chome Config are you using.. There was an updated version released not to long ago
  19. Falconone

Falconone New Member

fixed the im problem thanks, my version of the configurator is 1.1.0.5 if that helps any
  20. showaco

showaco New Member

I've never heard of that issue, are you sure something else couldn't be causing it?