WM6.1 Sliding Panels Homescreen Thread

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rainmakerrc, Jun 6, 2008.

1. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

yeah that's what i meant to say, tried so many combinations. the only thing i keep noticing is that if i uninstalled chome weather it works flawless along with the extra plugins i created and rinku bar, in both senarios i have the nrg slides, but when weather is installed it kicks it right out, my plugins still work but windows live disapears. i will run the registry edit, maybe it changes the strings or something than see why it kicks out. thanks anyways.
  2. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

i figure how to show windows live

so after wasting my time taking screen shots of the registry i figure it out, the only reason windows live did not show is because i was using slim panels, if you want it to show you need to use any of the regular panels :whistling of course this means, depending on the order you have things it will only show 3 things with out scrolling, i have my clock, messages, calender and then weather, before with slims it will show me the weather at the bottom and now i have to scroll, but at least im still happy. :w00t: (i guess i will go under idiot of the week :laugh:)
  3. JMak

JMak New Member

Well, I did a Master Reset and installed the CHome Config, rinku Iconbar, NRG Weather, and NRG Calibri font .cab files.

First thing I did was go to Settings: Home Screen and selected the Sliding Panel Weather, then I went into Weather Options and selected the 6-day layout. Voila! Six-day panel displayed. Entered the zip code, updated weather and the six-day panel showed the forecasts. Two things:

--low temp was single digit only.
    --the second weather panel had a giant red x.

I then opened CHome Config for the first time, opened the CWelcomeCenter plug-in and tested to see what would if I unchecked the Visible box for Page 1. Menu/Exit/Save ok. HS now shows only the 10-day forecast panel albeit showing nine days (as I disabled via CHome Config page 1 or the first day).

This is nuts.

I have gone back into Weather options twice to select one of the other layouts, restart the phone, back into Weather options to select 6-day layout, restart the phone and the six-day layout simply will not display.

I was using the Weather Top Bar. Not familiar with xml coding, though I am comfortable with editing the reg. Guess it's time to learn xml. Is there a quick tutorial here at EQ?

After doing the Master Reset and installing the .cab files when I go to Settings/Remove Programs there is nothing listed there. Couldn't figure how to remove programs via ActiveAync.

I'm starting to think I retarded or something.

This all makes sense, however, I don't know where to go in the registry to start looking.

Thanks for trying to help me, rainmaker.
  4. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You need to go back into CHome Configurator and Show the CTestUI panel, which is the panel the 6 day forecast uses. You can also Hide the CWelcomeCenter panel if you don't want the 10 day forecast panel to show. You will need to do thus anytime you change your homescreen beause homescreen changes reset the sliding panels panels settings (and CTEstUI is hidden by default).

Hook up your Q to your PC, and in the Active Sync window on your PC, click on Tools then Add/Remove Programs.

As for registry changes, everything is in the two areas I pointed out above in an earlier post (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings
    and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome). Just make sure to make changes in both places.
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

The red X means you have to Update the weather. It is a separate program. Click the Update weather icon in your programs, wait for it to update.Then try to reboot your phone. all these master resets are not needed.Not sure if this means anything, but I have the Orange.dll installed and never had a problem with any of these plugins.
  6. JMak

JMak New Member

Thank you, fellas. Rain, I have the 6-day panel up. Weather is updated, although today's temps are not displaying. I'm happy, though.

Fox, thank you, too for the insight.
  7. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

In the settins panel, the battery one, I have the red X for an icon. does that mean the image is not on file or is that what it should be? if not anyone know the name of the icon?
  8. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I believe that means the icon is not on file. Just go into CHome Configurator and use another icon.
  9. JMak

JMak New Member

dafox, did you resolve the red x for the battery icon? I have the same thing.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Still got the X. you can't edit the settings panel
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Just fixed it. you have to edit the registry. I beleave it was in CHome/setting/batterry. change the value for picture to something you know will work. the default icon they put in, doesn't exist.
  12. JMak

JMak New Member

Does anyone know what size the panel icons are? I know we should make then 128x128 when we're sizing the plug-in icon. But what about the page picture? It looks like we can use bigger icons that 128. Maybe I'll try 256 and see what happens.
  13. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

I have some icons that are 512 and I just threm them in the storage card and linked to them. I didn't bother resizing and they look like they're "auto-sized" on my Q9c.
  14. crazykay

crazykay New Member

nrg chome weather 3.01 is released for those who don't know. fixed a lot of issues that 3.0 had... would post a link but im potq
  15. JMak

JMak New Member

I have 3.1 already...
  16. Zombiac

Zombiac New Member

jhoff80 how did you get the iconbar to extend all the way to both sides of the phone I installed it and only got a 240x27 display of the iconbar and tried to replace it with a 320x27 but it still remained at 240 the whole time any help would be great here thanks.
  17. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You have to go into the XML of your homescreen and change the orientation value in the iconbar plugin to l (as in
    landscape).
  18. Zombiac

Zombiac New Member

ok help me understand this is my edited xml with the iconbar what did I do wrong because this doesn't work either

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <home>
    <author>Freddy Reyes</author>
    <contacturl>http://www.freddyreyes.com/</contacturl>
    <title lang="0x0409">FR WM6.1 Black Theme with Iconbar</title>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <default target-width="320" target-height="240" font-face="Segoe Condensed" font-size="19" font-weight="bold" padding-left="5" padding-right="5" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT" padding-top="3" b-border-color="COLOR_HOMERULE" b-border-width="1">
    <format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT"/>
    </default>

<background bgimage="\windows\SlidingPanel_bkg_240x320.jpg" bgimage-rotated="\windows\SlidingPanel_bkg_320x240.jpg" valign="bottom" bgcolor="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" />

<scheme>
    <color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" value="#000000" />
    <color name="COLOR_HIGHGRADRIGHT" value="#000000"/>
    <color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" value="#666666" />
    <color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" value="#000000" />
    <color name="COLOR_HOMETEXT" value="#FFFFFF" />
    <color name="COLOR_HOMERULE" value="#000000" />
    </scheme>

<plugin clsid="{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}" name="iconbar" height="27">
    </plugin>

<plugin clsid="{E9267CAB-02EE-4f37-8216-6BF6A8FF5A71}" name="Bronze" height="266">
    <Plugins Order="CClock;CHome;CAppointments;CLinks;CLinks3;CWelcomeCenter;CWindowsLive;CMusic;CMyPhotos;Settings" />
    </plugin>

</home>
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

if you installed the propper one and changed the xml file. it will change. it took a couple reboots to work for me. I beleave I changed my screen to a simple one without the toolbar and then changed it back to the one I wanted. only thing is doing that changed some of the icons back to the default ones. that is if you changed them.
  20. Zombiac

Zombiac New Member

Ok well I'm not sure which rinku iconbar to install I've only known of one but it just sets itself to portrait and every change that I've made hasn't done anything to actually change the width of the bar itself.

If anyone has a cab for iconbar landscape or one that can be edited to make it landscape then could someone post it please.