WM6.1 Sliding Panels Homescreen Thread

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rainmakerrc, Jun 6, 2008.

1. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

As posted in the thread in the main q9c section:

Here's my current homescreen (it'll show every panel once it loads).

[​IMG]

The background is taken from the FreddyReyes.com black theme and all work for that is his.

Also, I changed the button strip at the top of the dialer using a piece of his theme as well, to get rid of any traces of the ugly Sprint yellow defaults:

[​IMG]

Though his theme doesn't work properly yet on landscape devices, the homescreen matches it perfectly. I do still hope the rest of his theme gets redone for landscape devices though (aka call volume, alert, dialer backgrounds, etc.)

I'm not entirely happy with the 6-day Slim Layout for CHome weather, but it looks pretty good for now. (The varying alignments and locations of pictures bothers me a little.)
  2. envi923

envi923 New Member

I am really hoping someone will help me. I know you guys always say use the search function and I have done this and I am still having trouble. I downloaded the CHome Configurator App but can't figure out how to use it. I see a lot of you have added a panel on your home screen for programs, internet, etc. Can someone please give me a step by step how to do this? Definitely for the programs panel b/c I am LOST. TIA.
  3. envi923

envi923 New Member

Never mind. I am playing with it and kind of figuring it out.:tounge:
  4. JMak

JMak New Member

So...

a) how do you get the Rinku color bar to appear? I don't have NRG Chome weather installed and haven't seen an instruction to get the phone to display it.

b) I did an extensive search on the SD and EVDO issue on EQ and didn't find a resolution. Can someone link me to the right page or sum it up, please? I'm starting to think that those icons simply aren't available.
  5. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

a) After you install it, you have to select the home screen that is also installed that uses the plugin (or you can add the plugin to another homescreen).
  6. JMak

JMak New Member

rain, thanks. I figured out how to get rinku to display from your posts in another thread.

Answer for question a) is dl the .zip file. Open file manager and find that .zip file and press the center button. Find the rinku Iconbar.cab file and install it. Ignore the rinku Iconbar1.cab file.

Power cycle the phone and go to Settings - Home Page and select the NRG sliding panel option.

Is there no answer for (b)? I'm resigned to believing that we can't get SD and EVDO icons on that rinku top bar. I haven't seen a single home screen with rinku that has displayed those 2 icons.
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I don't think that the Rinku Iconbar has an SD icon. The icon that some ppl have seen is a SIM card icon (after all, this plugin was originally created for T-Mobile phones).
  8. coppertop24

coppertop24 New Member

Heres a question for those with more knowledge about the slider homescreen configurations. Seeing that the battery screen in the settings panels is able to display dynamic information (battery remaining), is it possible to have a battery meter similar to that found in the task bar that will change icons based on battery level? I have beeen digging through the registry and chome files looking for a way to make this happen but being in the military i just dont have the time to spend on this. I have also been searching the net and several forums for a few days and have yet to find anything. If its possible, awesome, if not . . . so be it.

So far as the missing icons in Rinku's Iconbar, rainmakerrc is correct in that we will not see the EVDO and SD icons because the icon bar was originally made for T-mobile GSM phones. Its has been stated that Rinku might be adding these in a later revision, but no word as to when the may be. Personally I like not having all the extra icons displayed. Looks much cleaner.
  9. JMak

JMak New Member

I've installed both the rinku icon bar and the nrg weather app. Two problems:

a) I cannot get the 6-day layout to display; and
    b) when I post to EQ from my Q9c I get this funky font type that appears in all caps.

I thought I had read somewhere that a poster had gotten the 6-day layout to work while having the rinku icon bar across the top. I just can't find it.

And at onhe point before uninstalling and reinstalling rinku and the nrg weather app the font issue had seemingly resolved itself.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Props to all of you guys for helping us schmoes make our Q9c's look tight.
  10. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I all works for me. that font is the digit font that comes with the CHome weather. it can be turned off there. it doesn't harm anything, just when you post something from your phone. I have the 6 day and rinko working fine. didn't do anything special.
  11. Idntknw

Idntknw New Member

Quick question...

I'm using the Sliding Panel media for my home screen...But would like to use the Calibri font...

I have put the font in the windows directory and the windows font folder and have edited the XML...But still cant get it to work...

Any ideas?

I have added the XML...Is it correct?

Attached Files:

12. JMak

JMak New Member

Not sure about the xml, but I used the calibri font.cab here
  13. Idntknw

Idntknw New Member

14. JMak

JMak New Member

I have tried multiple times to get those tow working. Currently, I have the sliding panel weather colored top bar set as the home screen with layout 9 selected in nrg weather options.

What are your settings?

Edit - btw, how do you turn off that digit font? I can't find the entry in nrg weather options.

Thanks for the help.
  15. JMak

JMak New Member

Changed mine to calibri. Did you install the calibri cab file after doing your .xml revisions or did you restore to default your .xml revisions and then install the calibri font .cab? I'm wondering if there's a conflict between your .xml revisions and the calibri font .cab.

But it wouldn't surprise me that while my homescreen font changed after installing the .cab that yours didn't. That seems to be the case with these Q9c's. Something may work fine on one, but not on another.
  16. Idntknw

Idntknw New Member

I uninstalled the calibri cab and everything was back to normal...as far as my system fonts...

So I started fresh by putting the calibri in the windows directory and the windows font folder...so I don't know why it doesn't work?

Tried the calibri cab again..it just changes the system fonts...
  17. miguelchin36

miguelchin36 New Member

i usually can figure everything out but this is one is kicking my a##, so i try this and verify on the regestry it was not on the disable plugins and it was on the value of the subkey as well as making sure on the chome options it was to show and enable. reboot, move it up and down and still no luck, any one knows if i miss anything? thanks :(
  18. JMak

JMak New Member

Now I am just angry.

I cannot get the six-day weather panel to display along with the rinku iconbar. Rainmaker, can you share what your settings are to display both the iconbar and six-day panel and whether you did anything in chome config, please. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

In fact, just to get the six-day weather panel to appear I have to reinstall nrg weather. But get this...nrg weather nor the rinku iconbar are available in the Remove Programs list. So now I cannot even remove these two things to start over.

As well, when I do reinstall nrg weather, my HS displays both the six-day panel AND the ten-day forecast panel. Plus, there's a Navigation panel plugin on the HS that I created before in chome config. I deleted that plugin before uninstalling chome config but it comes back every time I reinstall nrg weather.

Aaaargh!!

End rant.

Master Reset...I'm on my way!
  19. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Which homescreen are you using? You either need to select NRG Weather Top Bar (or something like that) or copy the plugin code from the homescreen that is installed with Rinku and copy it to the XML for homescreen you are using.[/quote]

You can hook up your Q to your PC via Active Sync and use Remove Programs in Active Sync on your PC to remove programs.

When you reinstall NRG, it will reset your sliding panels. Also, changing your homescreen will reset your sliding panels. When that happens, you just need to use CHome Configurator or registry edits (if you're comfortable) to hide what needs to be hidden, show what needs to be shown, and rearrange the panels to your liking.
  20. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\Plugins
    and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Pluginsand make sure that CWindowsLive is in both.

Also, take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\DefaultSettings\DisabledPlugins and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\DisabledPlugins and make sure that CWindowsLive is NOT listed.