WM6.1 Sliding Panels Homescreen Thread

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rainmakerrc, Jun 6, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

this homescreen comes standard on wm6.1
    if you dont have wm6.1 then you cant get this homescreen

if you have wm6.0 you can upgrade if you dont have wm6.0 then you can not upgrade
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  3. tyquan1980

tyquan1980 New Member

ok i understand. can you send me a link for me to get the upgrade?. im running on wm6.0 thanks for responding back to me.
  4. n99hockey

depending on your carrier you go to the motorola site and upgrade....
  5. kirch21

kirch21 New Member

i had chome weather and it killed my phones speed. i didnt realize it tell this morning when the weather waz frozen so i removes chome weather. now my phone is running great! i am definatly will to sacrifice they innacurate weather program for speed
  6. rifter

rifter New Member

Newbie Help

Hi everyone!
    Sorry if this is a repost. But I have recently got a Q9c, and my job is making use Goodlink.
    I did take a look through the boards and found the Chome configuration tool and it look like what I want to edit my Sliding panels hiome screen.
    I downloaded the file but I can not seem to get it installed on the device.
    i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get it installed and used?
    Do I need to get any other util to make this work?

Thanks
  7. tyquan1980

tyquan1980 New Member

thank you for that.. im running on wm6.1 now but im not seeing any sliding panel home screen just the htc home srceen. is there an option that i have to use in order to get the slide panel home srceen?.
  8. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

No, it should be listed on the settings/home screen settings. If it isn't there, either you deleted it or you dont have 6.1. Do you also have threaded text messaging?
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

put the file on your phone, any folder will do. on your phone find it using file explorer and click on it.
  10. rifter

rifter New Member

thanks!

Got it going.
  11. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Cool, another dime.
  12. tyquan1980

tyquan1980 New Member

no i do not have that maybe i download the wrong one. my is a htc is there a link for that upgrade?.
  13. n99hockey

you have an HTC?
    well this is a Q site...so i dont know

check out everythinghtc.com
    maybe some info over there
  14. BoostedKnight

BoostedKnight New Member

On the HTC touchscreen phones, there is no sliding panel. It has the touchflo system on the newer models so it doesn't use the same thing.
  15. JMak

JMak New Member

Missing icons

Unusual problem that happens only after I install NRG Miniweather...

I have gone into the registry and properly edited the iconpath setting for the CClock panel and CHome panel. When I restart, both the CClock and CHOME panels display no icon. However, when I scroll down to the CHome panel, my CClock icon appears as well as the icon on the CHome panel. All of the other panel icons display properly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled miniweather but no luck. Using the full NRG Weather app and Feather Weather all of my icons displayed properly.
  16. JMak

JMak New Member

Is this thread dead??
  17. BoostedKnight

BoostedKnight New Member

Kinda seems it. I'm not sure how to help you with your problem, but at least here's a free bump for you.
  18. JMak

JMak New Member

Thanks, BK, after much trial and error I got an icon to appear when the panel was expanded and succeeded even in shifting the dow and date to the right a bit. Problem is that I went back to the .cpr file and tried adjusting the position of the dow and date text back to the left to align with the time and ended screwing it all up. After a restart, the panels wouldn't display at all and when going back to the original edit still couldn't the panels to display. Weird. But I had some success and I'm going to repeat those steps later today.

Is anyone using these sliding panels and weather apps anymore or has the novelty worn off?
  19. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I still use that combo. I think the sliding panels is the best interface for any smartphone. The ability to organize your apps to your liking is pretty sweet. I have panels for Messaging, Navigation, Backup and sync, Financial, Audio/Visual, System utilities and websites. I am hoping that WinMo 7 keeps the sliding panels in some way.
  20. JMak

JMak New Member

Got the icons figured out :smile:! Just stole the icon html coding and added it to the .cpr file under the ClockExpanded section and bang, nailed it!

Now, I am having trouble with CHome Configurator. Fire up the app, create a new panel, add a new page, have it set to "Show", and, upon restart, my new panel will not show :frown:.

It's not like I haven't done this before or anything...~sheesh~