WM6.1 Sliding Panel Res Files

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by Guardian, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

WM6.1 Sliding Panel Res Files

Rudeboy had made a request for the clear sliding panel that comes with the new homescreens and since it was not simply located anywhere and had to be extracted, I did some digging and found them.

If you follow the homescreen code, you will find a reference to {E9267CAB-02EE-4f37-8216-6BF6A8FF5A71} which is the new sliding panel plugin and its resources (pictures and stuff) is found inside a file called brozeres.dll.

Now if anyone opens this file up or knows what to look for, you can see that everything is stored in RCDATA format which is simply binary raw data which is how they are referencing the pretty pictures and icons without putting it somewhere to be easily grabbed.

So I simply extracted, unjumbled them and saved them as hard files (which are all in PNG format mind you) and provided them to Rudeboy but I felt that those developing homescreens and so on might enjoy having access to the new high res icons and panels and so on, so I am posting the here for you as well.

If you find them useful, then I am happy to have done it, if not then I am sorry to have wasted a post and your time and you can simply ignore this. You can find all the pictures in a contact sheet format on the following page:

Windows Mobile 6.1 Sliding Panel Resources Page

There is a link on the top left of the page which will give you ALL of the files in a single ZIP file less than 500k. The file names are EXACTLY as they appear in the resource reference and have not been changed. Also, for some bizarre reason, probably just to screw with us, they have included a bunch of null files (nothing in them) but they have been provided as well just for the sake of consistency and completeness with their original names.

Enjoy!

Additional Notes:
    Filename 2452.png (provides the square glass box for user pic)
    Filename 3000.png, 3300.png, 4000.png, 4300.png (glass panels - rudeboy's request)
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

wow thats some fine work right there
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Glad to be of assistance, it is not often there is something I can do for rudeboy or the community that even comes close to what they have done for me, this was my way to give a little back within my skill set.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

That's what I'm talkin about... Good job Guardian!!!
  5. crazykay

crazykay New Member

NICE WORK Guardian!! WOW you know how long ive been studying these sliding panels trying to find exactly that!! Awesome awesome work..rudeboy will be very happy.. Sorry rb i never found this for you!! Just didnt know what i was looking for apparently!!
  6. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Glad you like it my friend, I do what I can.

I am glad to lend a hand, you have been so nice to me, the least I could do and glad it will help you out be useful to you.
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Amazing job. This will help me a lot when I fiddle with my .er.. ahh.. homescreen.
    Just one question, if I use one of the large icons - say a 44x44 where a 22x22 icon should go, would it automatically be set to an appropriate size that wouldnt gank the panel?
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Glad to help and with regards to that question, I am not sure and I will let one of the homescreen experts answer that one. Maybe docmac, manbat, crazykay, or...My assumption would be yes it will resize it down but then again since everything is XML based, it might be absolute and therefore yes it would gunk it up. I would say more likely the latter.
  9. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Well.... my Yankees are in the toilet, I saw hipsters in my hood which means it's gonna turn into a trendy wankfest in about a year, and after 8 years of sucking the life and character out of NY to his rich developer buddies the mayor wants to change the term limits law so he can run for another 4 years in office... what do I have to lose??? I'm gonna swap out a mini icon with a big one and see if I bork the homescreen. :laugh2:
  10. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

No worries... I replaces a 22x22 icon with a 44x44 and it was auto-sized down to 22x22... sweeeet!!!!

Thanks again, Guardian.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

when all else fails, you might as well try and find out. how I learned just about everything in life.

I figured that but wasn't sure, you are welcome and glad we know now and it worked out for you. Thanks for letting us know so we don't have to wonder.
  12. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Ok... I replaced 2300 with 2302 but it is not displaying as I thought it would.
    It is listed as a 55x55 size but it is really tiny on my panel.
    I changed the panels (based on the mini weather theme) from slim to normal display and while all the panels are larger and the other icons are larger as well, 2302 is still tiny.
    Any ideas?
  13. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Don't know what to tell you except maybe resize the image to your target dimension and THEN use it instead of trying to have them directly convert or resize. I am sorry I can't be more help but some of the designers might actually be more help.