WM6.1 Slider Panel | Revert to 'original' state?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by RJNJC, Aug 8, 2008.

1. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

WM6.1 Slider Panel | Revert to 'original' state?

I wanted to try our a newly released (on xda) weather/clock setup for the Sliders - KP Weather.

Downloaded, installed absolutely fine. But it just had too much information and was slowing my Q9 down. So i decided to uninstall. After uninstall, the sliders are all messed up.

The icons are all the wrong resolution - too big and no resolution,
    The clock panel shows a round red with white cross.

Is there a way to have the sliders revert back to the 'original' 6.1 settings? And then I can work on changing them back to my required state with CHome again.

Help !

:2cool: R J
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Would you like the original xml of the sliding panels? I can upload it here if you like?
  3. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Thanks. But I took my tank out and killed the ant!

After the 6.1 update, I found that I had gone a little crazy with apps etc. Testing, discarding, and not cleaning up after.

So did a Sprite backup and used the tank of the Master Reset - the one which sets the phone back to 'new in the box settings'.

Then I did a stupid stupid thing! I did a Sprite Restore. This than put ALL the stuff back and put my phone back to the messed up state!!

The tank came out again. Now I will have to re-install all my apps. (Lucky that I saved all the setup files for my MotoQ apps on a USB!! )

But all's well. Thanks for your offer, in any case.

:2cool: R J
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Coo....... :smile:
  5. zelendel

zelendel Member

I had the same problom last night and i was only able to get it right with the dreaded master reset but come to think of it you might want to try a master clear first.
  6. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

you mean master reset first.

the master clear is the more destructive one that clears all your data. master reset on q9h is the one that leaves your data and resets all settings.
  7. zelendel

zelendel Member

I Had the same problem when i uninstalled CHome the only fix I was able to do was a master reset. A master clear might work i did not try, i prefer to start over with a clean slate so it didnt bother me. those are the two things you can try.