WM6.1 Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Kingmdm, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Kingmdm

Kingmdm New Member

WM6.1 Remote Desktop

Is there a free download available for WM6.1 that will allow me to use MS Remote Desktop (RDP). If possible i would like to connect to my work XPSP2 pc from my Q9c. I wont have the option to install a 3rd party solution like VNC on my work pc, so will need to use the built in RDP.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Maybe zaDesktop will work. I have the CAB on my apps page.
  3. nfaze

nfaze New Member

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble getting zaDesktop to work. I'm not sure how to find the values that are supposed to be filled in to be able to access my computer. There doesn't seem to be any help section anywhere on the zaDesktop site or forum, so I'm hoping I can get some help here. Thanks!
  4. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

I saw this post and am also interested in using zadesktop to access my home and work PC. I used to be able to use remote web workspace on my Dell Axim to access our server at my office, but it would not work using my Q9 Global. When I saw this post, I thought this might be a way to do this. I also checked the developer's home page and couldn't find any help. I know that you have to put your computer's IP address, but wasn't sure about the other things. If anyone can offer any help, it would be appreciated.

*When typing in the IP address, do you include the "HTTP://" before the number?

Thanks
  5. jpmi23

jpmi23 New Member

I'm using zaDesktop (a buddy of mine (computer master) helped set it up). All I know is that there is no "http://", just the IP #'s. The port he set up for me is 3389. Try that I guess.

All I know is that I am able to RDP via my Q9c (WM6.1) to my Laptop at home running Vista x64.

Hope that helps.
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Just as an aside: MS will very soon be adding this functionality to "Live Mesh" if you want to take a look at it. Live Mesh works well between PC's & Laptops and I'm anxious to see how the mobile applet will work, myself. -RIP
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the mobile app is out already
    been out for 2 weeks maybe
  8. sitlet

sitlet New Member

just tried the whole live mesh thing. works good for transferring files, but i cant figure out how to do a live "remote desktop" form my phone.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

10. wellboy

wellboy New Member

11. wellboy

wellboy New Member