WM6.1 Now Avail.

Discussion in 'US Cellular' started by juanm269, Sep 16, 2008.

1. juanm269

juanm269 New Member

I'm currently in the process of uploading my web cam video showing the booting of the phone to show everyone this is not a verizon hack and that this does boot with the uscc rom I also show the about page and the sliding panels
    [​IMG]
  2. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Well, if it's a fake, it's a damn good one. I'd be a believer if we had somebody else to confirm the install on their own Q9c.

Not that juanm269 isn't trustworthy - just loooking for that reproduceable confirmation.

To juanm269: please excuse my skepticism; seen a lot of BS out here in the electonic frontier....
  3. juanm269

juanm269 New Member

no problem i'm not good at faking things in this digital age but I did some investigating today. I talked to a good friend of mine at the service center here in knoxville and he told me that motorola posted the update early and the wm 6.1 update is not suppose to be available untill the first week of october it was available between noon and 4:30 pm when someone at motorola noticed the error. the update should be available the first week of october there are many of us here in knoxville that got the update that day. I cannot wait till all uscc users can enjoy this great update. sorry if this made people think that this was faked not sure what else I can do to prove this has happened.
  4. booter54

booter54 New Member

I will admit, I'm still dubious about the claim, but.......I've seen stranger things. One question though....

Through the wireless manager on my phone, It always shows USC Connect under the phone radio power options. I would be curious to see what shows up on this 6.1 phone.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thanks for going above and beyond the call of duty
  6. juanm269

juanm269 New Member

it still says usc connect but the menu when you hold down the home key has changed just slightly i'm currently at work posting from my q at the moment but when I get home in the morning and post a video with the capture program I used for the first post pics.
  7. Skink

Skink New Member

I am also in Knoxville juanm269.

Thank's for posting what you found out. Haven't had my Q9c long and been looking forward to the update.

Deb
  8. i4get75

i4get75 New Member

Wasn't there someone on this site that loaded the Verizon 6.1 on their USCC phone? If so what problems, if any, have you had?
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

YUP !!! jHoff did after I walked him through it. Works well albeit his phone is VZW branded but working just fine.
  10. i4get75

i4get75 New Member

Do you think that when the USCC upgrade comes out you'll be able to load it on the phone?
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Off hand I'd say yes because it would be a different flash ROM but don't quote me on that.
  12. i4get75

i4get75 New Member

Guess I better wait. I really want 6.1 but I don't want to be stuck with a Verizon version until the next update. Thanks for your help!
  13. booter54

booter54 New Member

Hey juanm269....

Did the 6.1 upgrade enable the GPS functionality of the phone? Or am i still gonna need my bluetooth GPS reciever?
  14. juanm269

juanm269 New Member

no the update did not enable the internal gps from what I was told that update will come at a later date. that might be the reason the update was pulled
  15. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

Check on Wednesday
  16. i4get75

i4get75 New Member

Why Wednesday? Do you know something we don't? :)
  17. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

I was excited: when I checked to see if there were new updates for my phone today - there was! I had already done the previous update so I was hoping it was time for the 6.1 update. Nope. Don't know what it updated, but no Win 6.1 yet.
  18. sylvanis

sylvanis New Member

I went to the moto support site and 6.1 was available for U.S. Cellular on the Q9c today.
  19. Impact857

Impact857 New Member

Like marmarinou said, check back Wednesday, He knows whats going on obviously
  20. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

today IS wednesday:laugh2: