WM6.1 for Q8

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by aneotoena, Aug 2, 2008.

1. aneotoena

aneotoena New Member

WM6.1 for Q8

Forget about those chinesse roms messing up your Q8 here you have the real deal(actually is a modified rom from the chinese one that doesn't fry your Q).

I already found a working version, tried it and even make a vid so you can all trust it works. This is just for Q8 GSM

Here is the link:
    Link

Here is the link to my vid:
    http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9yh-7XYuE

I share this with you because I hope people that know about rom cooking or registry editing will help on improving this cause actually this are the things I found are missing.

- It starts in chinesse(you can change the language if you find the regional settings menu ^^)
    - It only has chinesse and english
    - It has a preinstalled t9 program (wich cannot be deactivated) wich is very uncomfortable for ppl who doesn't want t9 like me (you can revert to compime by registry but no symbol selector)
    - You have to enable cleartype through registry
    - Keyboard light doesn't turn on automatically, you have to turn it on by holding the msg button for 2 or 3 secs
    (but you can solve this by a registry tweak)
    - It doesn't come with msn messenger, you have to install metanol modified version for sp(search at xda or google)

Anyway I think it can be a lot improved with more languages specially
    Cheers
  2. irfan5911

irfan5911 New Member

no cdma version?
  3. aneotoena

aneotoena New Member

as far as I know it would work on a cdma but you'll need to reenter all your carrier data somehow
  4. aneotoena

aneotoena New Member

Old old news, everybody know it works since almost a year XD look last post date.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

maybe natao has working for different carrier....any news or tips is good..yes aneotoena? =)
  6. aneotoena

aneotoena New Member

i was just stating the facts since this was a death thread, not flaming anybody, anyways congrats to the dude.

And by the way he said GSM and the rom is carrier free so I don't get your carrier point.
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

sure...and quick response! and yes..your right about carrier free. just didn't want to see a member try and help and get shut down so quick! thanks...
  8. walter craig

walter craig New Member

please update the link