WM6.1 Caller ID does not display number for contacts

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by tewill, Jun 14, 2008.

1. tewill

tewill New Member

WM6.1 Caller ID does not display number for contacts

Does anyone know how to change this behavior? After upgrading my Q9c to 6.1, on the Call Status screen, both for incoming and outgoing calls, it shows:

[Contact Name]
    [State for contact area code]

I'd prefer that it show the information it did for WM6:

[Contact Name]
    [Contact phone number]

So I can tell from which number the contact is calling, e.g. work phone, mobile, etc.

Thanks -
  2. poohhbearr

poohhbearr New Member

Same here

I have the same problem

3. cmuchill

cmuchill New Member

WOW, this is a new topic. I never heard of this problem yet. What ever shall these two lonely souls do? Ding Ding Ding the Correct Answer would be search past the first topic and look at the thread already started. We have a winner Jonny!!
  4. elchinoloco

elchinoloco New Member

Instead of being horribly unfunny and sarcastic, why don't you actually help? I mean I bet if you actually knew the solution, it probably would've taken less time to type that out than to state the obvious. I actually searched for it and did not find the answer we're all looking for.
  5. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

its always easier for someone to say "why don't you search first, as its probably the most common post around here. those 2 users maybe new users and using their phone and do not know how to get to the search feature since there isn't a link at the top of every page.
  6. ajskhan

ajskhan New Member

I would actually love to see
    [Name]
    [Number]
    [State]
    ...but I doubt thats possible :p
  7. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

This isn't an issue for me, I like the state information, but preferred as far as I'm concerned would be Name with the type of number following it so more like

Name (M)
    State
  8. cmuchill

cmuchill New Member

Problem

Thats the problem, there is no solution. Instead of multiple people bring it up you and everyone else looking for the answer could look to other posts to find that out. Just because a new post is started doesnt mean an answer is available. Too many people want the easy way out and don't want to look for information, they want it given to them. As you can see there is tons of new posts here and everytime a recent one gets started over again it makes this whole site harder for everyone to find them information they are looking for. FYI I wasn't trying to be funny, so I guess it was good that it wasn't.
  9. poohhbearr

poohhbearr New Member

Caller ID issue not resolved yet.

You said it yourself. To many people are asking the questions. To freaking hard to find any answers. Searched all over the place, with no answers. But I guess your the all mighty who knows it all. Oh, wait, you don't. you don't know what happens on this end. When was the last time you did a search for this problem. Tell me if you find your answer. If you don't like the questions, then get out. That's what these boards are for. And if you have an issue with it, take it up with your admin. Your problem is not with us. It's with you and how you handle yourself. Waisting 30 total minutes of lively hoods by your childish responses. Instead of just saying, No solution at this time. This way it would be a post that ends and everyone who does a search for it would know that there is no solution. But no, you want to be a donkey and create problems. This way someone ask the question again and again because you couldn't answer a simple question.

To end this thread for future people that do a search and look at this thread.

Unfortunately there is no solution to the caller ID problem at this time. I would only assume that when there is, there will be a post somewhere, I just couldn't tell you where to look. Sorry, but keep checking back.
  10. cmuchill

cmuchill New Member

thanks for the words of wisdom mom.

there are no solutions to this problem at this time. I like you will be continueing to check and update everyone if a solution becomes available.
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

enough!!!

quit it and get back on topic
    first and ONLY warning
  12. poohhbearr

poohhbearr New Member

Solution found.
    call sprint. took one minute after being on hold for 15. had to change a setting on their end and restart phone
  13. LittleDonnieJ

LittleDonnieJ New Member

What setting did they change? What shows on your screen now? Is there a way to have all 3 lines show? (ie. contact name, number, state)
  14. elchinoloco

elchinoloco New Member

Yeah how does it show up?
  15. JV956

JV956 New Member

has any1 confirmed this fix?
  16. poohhbearr

poohhbearr New Member

I don't know how I can prove this to you. The funny part is that I think we spend to much time on computers looking for solutions, probably because it's more fun to figure it out ourselves, then calling the people who we pay through our bills to help. I know they can be dumb witted sometimes, but in this case it helped.

The fix, list number and state on incoming calls not in contacts. Contacts only show name and state at this time. I have not called back to ask to fix the contact part. But it was the non-contact callers that I was more concerned about.

A Just call. I put the phone on speaker until I finally got a live person. Stop asking if it's true and call. I'm amazed that no one has yet. This confirms my thoughts on us being to tied to these forums sometimes.

Sorry for the rant. Just call. I did and that problem was solved.:laugh2:
  17. JV956

JV956 New Member

well dat give us some insight but doesn't really solve the problem...even if we do call the problem is still gon be there...I think we r all lookin for a solution for the #s in our contact list...just mho
  18. ian13550

ian13550 New Member

Sorry -- I'm calling "shenanigans" on this one. :laugh2:

I called Sprint last week and they didn't have a clue how to change this. In fact, they didn't even know how I got WM 6.1 since the phone only ships with 6.0.

Now, I'm a betting man, and I bet that the CSR was mostly clueless. However, unless someone can prove the wiser members of this forum wrong who have stated that this cannot be changed, I bet this is a "feature" of 6.1 and not something that is controlled by Sprint.

Just my $0.02
  19. BIGD

BIGD New Member

The funny part is , we know more then those people who we pay ;)
  20. poohhbearr

poohhbearr New Member

Hey, whatever for those that care, just call sprint.

I just came on here to let you know that it was fixed on my phone. Like I said I don't care so much for the contact part. I want to know the people who are not in my contacts that are calling. Even numbers that never used to show are showing up. ADT security service used to show up as anonymous or whatever it was. Now it's a 1800 number. That part is better than before. I don't know how because I'm not a wizard. I'm a simple man just letting everyone know what was fixed on my phone after 6.1 download.