WM6.0 versus WM6.1 Poll

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by *wishlist*, Jun 10, 2008.

?

How do you like WM6.1?

1. 6.1 is way better than 6.0! It's the latest and greatest! You'll get used to it quickly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I regret getting 6.1. I loved my old setup with 6.0 much better! How do I go back?!?!

50 vote(s)
    90.9%
  3. I love my current setup with 6.0. I don't need the hassle of updating to 6.1

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. I'll wait for now until I see more reviews from other q9c users.

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. *wishlist*

*wishlist* New Member

WM6.0 versus WM6.1 Poll

I thought this deserves it's own thread.:laugh2:

I don't think I'm the only one hesitant on updating to WM6.1. On my phone, all I have is the instant messaging homescreen with smarttoolkit. Although the sliding homescreen is tempting, I love the format when I click start and have my 6 main apps at the press of a number and then i still have the popup launcher for the others. i see that there's zoom in/zoom out feature in PIE now, but opera already uses that. And threaded text is not a big deal to me. 6.1 is supposedly more stable but I don't have too many gripes with 6.0. So the clock is bigger and more legible now... My smarttoolkit screensaver shows the time nice and clear in digital or analog form. Is there a significant difference in battery life? A 20% increase there would be a big deal to me. Also, as far as I understand, once you get 6.1, there's no going back to 6.0... I have no idea if that's a good or bad thing. Your thoughts?

So my question to you new WM6.1 users, do you prefer your old setup to the new one? And why? Fill me in here. Of course this poll isn't for the few people that have a problem performing the update. Thanks.
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I don't think any of those really fit me. I really like 6.1 but it was no spectacular change. The sliding panels take some time to get used to. but threaded text is great, and it does seem (in my case any way) to make the phone go a smidge faster
  3. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

The sliding panels are great, especially with NRG Chome weather panel! I note a lot of 'behind-the-scenes' improvement in speeds, loading and such, but the panels have sold me.
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I'm with you on the sliding panels, oddmanout, I love being able to hit my right softkey that says "mommy" and call my mom. It's better than using the speed dial cause I don't have to remember who is assigned to what number and you have to hold the key down. I liked my ekoflip homescreen cause it didn't have everything squeezed on one screen, the sliding panels give me a chance to customize without trying to figure out how to change the xml.

I love the upgrade and the threaded text too.
  5. *wishlist*

*wishlist* New Member

All love for 6.1 so far. I just might update soon. I'll look into all the customization threads first. I may try the update tonight. I'm thinking the customization is going to take a while. Is it true I won't need to run the HTC Unlock program anymore before doing the speed hacks, etc? Whenever I do switch over, I hope it runs smoothly (my biggest concern).

Thanks for the feedback ppl.
  6. AStein

AStein New Member

I noticed a speed increase as well. (Not sure if that can be attributed to the hard reset required though) It certainly seems faster, and the home screen is smarter with the slides. I would like to see (Voicemail - Missed Calls) and (Text Messaging - Email) on separate slides though. Interestingly, I received my WM6.1 update and Skyfire invite within two weeks... My Q9c is much more usable now than two weeks ago.

a-
  7. pkowilich

pkowilich New Member

there werent enough options to vote on. need one like "love the new features in 6.1, but hate the fact that apps crash and it seems slower now." threaded sms is sweet. never want to go back to the old way, but youtube vids dont work, and some apps that were working fine in 6.0 now crash. 6 of one half dozen of the other. hopefully we will see app updates and new app releases shortly that works flawlessly with 6.1.
  8. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

What apps are crashing? I reinstalled all mine and the only one not playing nice is Facade and I am sure that is because I am using the sliding panels. Would rather have them then go back to everything squeezed on 1 screen.
  9. pkowilich

pkowilich New Member

tornado power control crashes
    cellfire crashes on exit
    tcmp, older version crashed, new version wont play flv
    dash weather crashes when changing city
    gmobilesycn crashes
    livesearch will sometimes report errors
    mobipocket reader freezes on launch
    mundu radio wont exit correctly

i'm sure there are more. also, i noticed under the running apps, system takes a lot of memory, upwards of 10mb at times and runs the system at 100% cpu quite often. just my 2 cents since my upgrade yesterday.
  10. FordGTGuy

FordGTGuy New Member

My version of TCPMP plays .flv files fine on my phone with 6.1. I also have no problems with LiveSearch and haven't had any programs crash on me.

My phone System runs at 3.0 MB and it says it is running at 100% because its the only program running. If it were truly using 100% of the power your phone would lock up before you could press the menu button.

If you can get 6.1 on your phone I say don't hesitate.
  11. *wishlist*

*wishlist* New Member

Poll results are overwhelming yet unsurprising.

And so I just updated and just started doing the hacks. Next I'll be installing the apps. Then, once I figure out CHome Configurator and Weather, homescreen customization will be fun. Thanks for your contributions.
  12. dwainwood

dwainwood New Member

Just got a new Sprint 9c with 6.1 and it won't run tcpmp.smartphone.0.72RC1.cab. Gives crash.txt error.