WM5/6 Sliding Panel Clone

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by docmac129, Sep 17, 2008.

1. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

WM5/6 Sliding Panel Clone

After some prodding by a mod here, I am releasing a Sliding Panel Clone for WM5/6. It only achieves the look & NOT the functionality, (in this version.) I have other versions with more "sliding panels" that I may release later, but NOT at this time. I want to gauge the interest in this type of screen for those of us that still use the old WM5's. Here is the version that I am releasing right now with 1 "Sliding panel" (Profile->Messages). The others I have can also Slide the top panel from Time/date --> Fizz Weather (or could also be edited to some other plugin) Also the bottom Facade Panel is only showing the Schedule now, but could be edited to show tabs for people that want Schedule/Tasks/Programs (Something I don't have the time to do). If I see interest in this type of screen, I will upload a Black Dimpled version with sliding top panel with Fizz.

This HS requires: Facade, Orange, Fizz

To Accomplish this HS, instead of taking the road that other HS designers here take, using Multiple page HS's, I accomplished this using 1 background, carving it up into multiple pieces, then reassembling them into 1 complete screen. This was the only way that I could come up with, to have everything show on the Main HS page at the same time and give the Glass panel look to the highlighted area. Using this method is very time consuming though b/c u can't just swap in another background image to make it work. U have to carve up the image that u want to use (I use Photoshop), then mod the xml to reassemble the screen.:smile:

To see it in action: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/20/1525613/BlueSlide.avi

[​IMG]

Peace:smile:

Attached Files:

2. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well... you know i dig it.!!

and who could that mod be...
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

wow that looks great!
  5. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Excellent, docmac! I'm glad you decided to share.
    Us little WM5 ppl have been sooo neglected lately!
    Good job & I Thank You for sharing this!

*Sending you an email in a minute with a picture & can you put your magic touch on it? Too pretty for me to mess it up, I think. IDK, just like it -shrug-*
    No rush & it goes with this month's theme....
    **I'll buy you a coke**--bribe
  6. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

That is a LOT of work. Well done!
  7. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Could you post the psd for the background image?

:smile:

I know I have 6.1..but The sliding panels bug me..I like this alot better :)
  8. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Uh, negative on the psd file. Took too long to make just to give away this soon. Besides, anyone who knows anything about Ps can dupe the HS psd without too much trouble now that there is a template out there.

Here is a SS of another with the popular black dimple background going around:
    [​IMG]

And I made another where the upper "Time Panel" is on its own panel that slides from Left to right, yielding 2 "Sliding panels". If I get enough interest in them, I'll post later.:smile:

*BTW: If I had a dollar for every time I heard that people tried the WM6.1 Sliding Panel HS, and now want to get rid of it, I would be rich (OK, maybe NOT rich, but well off) Too many limitations: 1) Can't use Facade with it, 2) pA doesn't work that well with it, 3) Hard to configure (evidenced by the thread in this forum that is a mile long). I only hope that when they come out with Napolean, that it has WM7, or something better than the UI in WM6.1.
  9. inscracefan24488805

inscracefan24488805 New Member

Here! Here!

This one looks really cool, doc. Excellent homescreen for those who want WM6 on a WM5 phone.

Cindy
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

you -doc- did a suburb job, no doubt !!

that said, I am still using and digging the sliding panel..
    (not -yet- missing Façade, not using pA..)

potQ9c
  11. ^^rac

^^rac New Member

Awesome!! You did great man! It works so neatly........

Great job guys!!
  12. 1oddmanout

1oddmanout Member

Thanks for the hard work - I wanted something like this for the 800W I had for a while; mainly, other than it being a terrible device, I returned to the Q9c for the sliding panels. Those who haven't gone to 6.1 will much appreciate this HS.
  13. docmac129

docmac129 New Member

Im glad that u finally got what u wanted RB! I don't use pA either, for various reasons. But Facade is a MUST have for me. I read over at SBSH that they aren't even considering doing an update to include Facade into sliding panels. They are looking forward at the next release for WM (6.2 or 7). Keep rockin 6.1, the only reason I came up with this screen concept was for u (RB). I knew how bad u wanted something close to 6.1 to get u by. Too bad I couldn't figure it out for u til the day b4 u updated:wink:.

Allright, here is the Black Dimple version with 1 sliding panel. Requires: Facade, Orange, Fizz.
    [​IMG]

Enjoy:smile:
    I probably will release the Black Dimple version with 2 sliding panels today or tomorrow. I still have 2 PM'd requests that have been waiting a long time.:smile:

Attached Files:

14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i kinda expected that scenario -as i may have mentioned-... i'm glad you took it well dude. and much respect for continuing and for (finally) sharing it with the masses :}
  15. spork27

spork27 Member

Doc, I'm truly amazed by what you've done here. Great work!
  16. BigTK

BigTK New Member

Doc, I gave your screen a try yesterday. Very nice.:thumbup:
  17. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Aaaannnnddd, I showed my boss the HS just a few minutes ago and he wanted to know if it would work on his BB. I said "Sure"
    He is at this very moment beaming the files over to his BB.
    Still rockin' with "Clone", docmac! :smile:
  18. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I gave it a try, looks great.....No animation, got to have my aniamtion.

another case of lower productivity at the work place, caused by everything Q.
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

*idea*
    what if we make your screen half as wide, ill do the animation for the other half?
  20. Geekster

Geekster New Member

*Off Topic* (Sorry but I just remembered)
    I have a cool animation to send to you. You have email in your profile?
    Sending it in a few minutes if I don't have to hunt you down. HAHAHA
    *Back On Topic*
    Thanks
    *edit* Sent it!